32 Channel Hack

Reaction score
I wonder how many channels we will have available on the P4. If it is limited to 8 like the P3P/A was after the updates, will anyone be able to use a similar method to unlock 32 channels if it was never an available option? I guess we won't know until they start shipping, just a thought though.

does this mean DBS mod will also be compatible? In the DJI preview they seem to have enabled a new "pairing" or binding mode with the P4 by pressing a red button on the side of the P4 near the usb and SD card. I wonder what the pairing does? is this to prevent mistaken pairing to other phantoms at startup?

does this mean DBS mod will also be compatible? In the DJI preview they seem to have enabled a new "pairing" or binding mode with the P4 by pressing a red button on the side of the P4 near the usb and SD card. I wonder what the pairing does? is this to prevent mistaken pairing to other phantoms at startup?

I am just wondering if you own a P3P/P3A? If you do did you read the manual?

You can change controllers if you want and yes they have to be paired.

Please read the P3 manual, I'm sure that there isn't going to be that much of a change to it vs. the P4.

Actually I bought my Phantom used. Everything I learned was from the nice folks here in the forums. Thanks for being a kind fellow... hopefully the 32 channel hack works.
Cheers

Actually I bought my Phantom used. Everything I learned was from the nice folks here in the forums. Thanks for being a kind fellow...
The manual doesn't come with the P3, you have to download it from the DJI website

I have read the manual but skipped binding since phantoms come factory pre-bound.

@mirrorimage I wonder how much of the controller internals will have changed to add the 2dbi.
@sinsalo I would assume DJI would keep up their FCC relations by complying with regulations. Otherwise why would they lock down the channels in the firmware to begin with?

heres my source
BudWalker said: here
I ran my spectrum analyzer before I installed the channel hack and then afterwards. The hack does not change DJI channels 13 to 20, it just adds more channels above and below the original 8.

The channels are 8 mHz wide with 2mHz spacing. The center frequency of a DJI channel is Fc = 2286 + (channel# -1) *10
the lower frequency is Fl = 2282 + (channel# -1) *10
the upper frequency Fu = 2290 + (channel# -1) *10
E.g DJI channel 7 spans 2342 mHz to 2350 mHz, DJI channel 32 spans 2592 mHz to 2600 mHz

DJI channels 13 to 20 are coincident with the US WiFi channels 1 to 13.

DJI channels 21 to 32 occupy 2482 mHz to 2600 mHz and are above the US WiiFi channels. I assumed that since DJI removed channels 21 to 32 it was because it was illegal to use those frequencies in the US. But now I'm not so sure.https://transition.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf seems to indicate those frequencies are available for ISM use. It'd be good if others could interpret what that document says about those frequencies.

I can confirm that the 32 channel hack does work with the latest version of DJI GO for ios and the latest firmware for the P4 bird and controller, I'll probably never use it but hey curiosity satisfied.
32 channel.PNG

I just did this hack on Android and selected channel 30, but I still see the "current" indicator jumping around. I assumed that once I selected a channel it would stay on that channel. This does not sound right.

I just did this hack on Android and selected channel 30, but I still see the "current" indicator jumping around. I assumed that once I selected a channel it would stay on that channel. This does not sound right.
Just updated go app on my shield app, 32 channel hack is gone. I never had to reload it or uninstall the app and reset. Just tried to download file and it won't work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT