32 Channel Hack

John L,
Thanks for the detailed instructions. I can't seem to download the zip file from the address above. I go to the address, the download bar shows download occurring but when I open the download folder 32Channels it is empty...

Anyone have advice or alternate download address for current iOS P4 version?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

John L,
Thanks for the detailed instructions. I can't seem to download the zip file from the address above. I go to the address, the download bar shows download occurring but when I open the download folder 32Channels it is empty...

Anyone have advice or alternate download address for current iOS P4 version?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, with the PC it might be invisible unless you know how to "show hidden files". However, you really don't need to see it with Windows Explorer. When you use iTunes and navigate to the folder, you'll see it then.

Reactions: Drone Master
Do you think more channels more posibility of more range?
The goal is to find a channel that's got the least traffic, which increases range and minimize drop outs. These additional channels provide options on less popular frequencies, the higher channels are usually pretty quiet. So yes, more channels helps to get more range.

Reactions: Drone Master
You can call it whatever you want lol - mod, hack, customization, override. At the end of the day there's nothing wrong with the individual to know that what they're doing is not legal. I'm not telling them to do it or not to do it, just advising that there might be an issue if someone wants to make one out of it (highly unlikely) with FCC.

You can call it whatever you want lol - mod, hack, customization, override. At the end of the day there's nothing wrong with the individual to know that what they're doing is not legal. I'm not telling them to do it or not to do it, just advising that there might be an issue if someone wants to make one out of it (highly unlikely) with FCC.

In auto mode it still flies within the 8 channels allowed. So you can just say the app swapped it over. But seriously an inspector needs to be there and check and im sure if they do you have 5 seconds to change it back to auto.

I sometimes run over my parking meter by 5 minutes...yes its not legal, but no one checks 5 minutes after.

Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way but can you change to 4Mbps from 10Mbps if you don't have the 32 channel hack completed and just running a stock controller?

Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way but can you change to 4Mbps from 10Mbps if you don't have the 32 channel hack completed and just running a stock controller?
Yes. Switch out of auto.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When you click the HD icon in the top right portion of the screen you'll see the Channel selector. You need to click CUSTOM and then select a channel with the least traffic, represented by the graphs you see. Generally speaking I would fly Ch20, as it seemed the least busy in most locations. When you select a custom channel you will have access to the TRANSMISSION QUALITY slider bar. Slide it to the far left to 4mbps. Using the "hack", the addition of the 24 extra channels gives you more choices to select from so you can fly on a quiet channel. I generally fly Ch32 now, it's never busy, so far.

Reactions: r62ewa
Thanks for the answers. I live in a remote location of 300 people and wilderness all around. There are no other drones of any kind in my community so I'm assuming I'll have limited interference where I live withe the stock channels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1