Your thoughts?

Hi all !
I'm madashell and I just wanted to get the word out. I've had my p4p+ for about three months and love the video results I've been able to get with it. while flying about six feet from the ground I clipped a small tree branch which destabilized the phantom and that caused it to crash into the grass below.
I'm a doit youselfer so I found a new yaw arm and ribbon but after replacing them i still got a sensor error code.
I sent it to dji San Francisco for repair, twenty days later they sent me a repair estimate for $833.00 saying the only fix was to replace the whole gimbal and camera assembly, "as per dji". I'm not sure what the good folks at dji are smoking but I have no intention on being squeezed like that just because they can.
If I had really broken up the drone, maybe I could see the repair costing that much. This product is made to be fun and creative, dji has ruined both for me.
Please spread the word

Wow! Don'tcha wish you'd have bought that DJI Care Refresh Agreement for about $179?

IMG_3055.PNG
Hi John!
Thanks for your input. At this point I'm sorry I bought anything at all from dji. I was just writing an email to magic sky trying to figure out why they cancelled a payment they had taken from our credit card.
I called them to ask if they would correct some errors in the invoice they had emailed. During the call, I gave them my credit card # and they applied the charges twice. Later we checked to make sure they were paid and the charges had been removed from our card. I don't know where I stand as they haven't replied to two subsequent emails. I'm not sure dji care would have made any difference.
IMG_3055.PNG

Last edited:
View attachment 86382 Hi John!
Thanks for your input. At this point I'm sorry I bought anything at all from dji. I was just writing an email to magic sky trying to figure out why they cancelled a payment they had taken from our credit card.
I called them to ask if they would correct some errors in the invoice they had emailed. During the call, I gave them my credit card # and they applied the charges twice. Later we checked to make sure they were paid and the charges had been removed from our card. I don't know where I stand as they haven't replied to two subsequent emails. I'm not sure dji care would have made any difference.

It may have. For my $149 Care Refresh, I can crash my P4P twice during the one-year coverage. DJI will repair/replace. First occurrence costs me $99 (call it a deductible). Second occurrence costs me $149. Shipping both ways is included. Supposedly, you get "priority" service. I'm much more comfortable when I fly. ;o)

You could be right ! However, I never expected that i would have have to replace a whole assembly $800.00+
when a new new gimbal ribbon would have sufficed. Magic Sky said that that was dji's policy.

You could be right ! However, I never expected that i would have have to replace a whole assembly $800.00+
when a new new gimbal ribbon would have sufficed. Magic Sky said that that was dji's policy.

The entire camera and final assembly can, I believe, be purchased from B&H for $699.

It's seems to be much worse on the DJI forum. I was on the Yuneec forum for several years and there were complaints, but nothing like on here. However, their customer service is wayyyyyy better.

My P4P was in Active Trac Mode, following my granddaughter around my front yard and flew itself into a tree limb. Camera is now off-center, broke a landing gear and a prop. Sent it back to DJI last week, will be interesting to see how this goes. I did get DJI care, thankfully.

My P4P was in Active Trac Mode, following my granddaughter around my front yard and flew itself into a tree limb. Camera is now off-center, broke a landing gear and a prop. Sent it back to DJI last week, will be interesting to see how this goes. I did get DJI care, thankfully.

Hope you'll post what happens. I'm very curious.

It is a very expensive hobby. You can get full insurance for $75 per year. I believe it is with State Farm. In order to feel comfortable flying and not to be exposed to high expenses it's a must.

Hope you'll post what happens. I'm very curious.

so far the experience has been mediocre. DJI received the busted drone Tuesday/ processed the estimate for repairs (~$200). For the sake of timeliness (I use this commercially) I burned one of my "replace" options with DJI care, paid the $99 (on Tues). Its Saturday, and I still don't have a tracking number on the replacement unit.

I'm flying with the Mavic Pro as a backup, which is...ok..

I'm watching Craigslist for someone short on cash willing to part with another P4P for <$1000 for a backup.

Reactions: Madashell
Hi Ed !
At this point I'm almost feeling bad for dji SFO. Enitally when I called for repair information the person told me he wasn't sure if they could expedite the repair [ 24 hour turn around for around $75.00] because they don't stock the gimbal ribbon, which threw me for a loop! When I tried to use the tracking number to check on the status of delivery, my iPad thought it was a phone number and asked if I wanted it to dial the number for me.

Before I bought the P4P+ a very good friend told me not to buy from dji because of terrible service.
Yesterday I told him that his advice was the absolute best advice I didn't follow.

Good luck and thanks for the reply

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl