You might be a PhantomPilot if...

I don't think I am a drone "pilot". I think I am a drone OPERATOR.

From my limited experience with my "new" Phantom 3 "standard", I do not see how a human of normal physical dimensions could pilot it. I have seen people OPERATE them, tho.

How sad that some folks' lives are, at least as it seems to them...so empty of meaning they have to claim they are pilots. Sounds pretty sad and pretentious to me.

When I "chuck" a fresh battery in my Phantom 3 'standard", turn on the controller, turn on the Phantom, and go thru its check-out in preparation for its flight..... I call myself a drone OPERATOR.

When I get into my airplane, go thru the pre-engine start check-list, in preparation for its flight, that's when I call myself a pilot (well...to be honest...I have taken check-rides, after which the examiner has wondered whether I should be allowed to operate a power lawn-mower without adult supervision.......! )

Oh well..it's a free country...I think everyone should use language in such a way that for them accurately expresses their needs.
I feel I'm really a pilot only if I'm sitting behind the controls I have been in RC operator for so many years I thought I would do well flying planes and helicopters for real so I did I went out there and flu and I did excellent with 12 years of experience flying RC helicopters and planes check out

I feel I'm really a pilot only if I'm sitting behind the controls I have been in RC operator for so many years I thought I would do well flying planes and helicopters for real so I did I went out there and flu and I did excellent with 12 years of experience flying RC helicopters and planes check out
Check out my Ifly Healeys YouTube page and you'll see my two flights on helicopters to tear

You can't wait to give your approval to the new regulation that further limits what you can do with your expensive drone.

Don't help the law makers gain ground!!!

We're the voice of moderation in the process of regulating drone use.

You can't wait to give your approval to the new regulation that further limits what you can do with your expensive drone.

Don't help the law makers gain ground!!!

We're the voice of moderation in the process of regulating drone use.
There are a few really stupid regulations out there from the FAA, but most of them are to keep people safe. Not necessarily you as the "PhantomPilot" (or sUAS operator as some would prefer to call us, not mentioning any names, Peter) but manned aviators have a lot more than a $1500 uav to loose. The likelihood of an incident involving your phantom and an airplane or helicopter may be small, but the outcome is grave. The over regulation is a result of the general population displaying a profound lack of common sense. There are people out there without any sense that operate drones. So thank them for the stupid regs we have to deal with. There is usually a dumb-person story behind every dumb rule.

Reactions: pomonabill220
You eagerly await the weekly email digest because it is the highlight of your week
I have to stop using iPhone 7 speech to text it really does not translate voice to text very well.

You are really a DJ I quad copter operator if you are able to replace a torn ribbon cable for the camera. Which I did, and really hope not to have to do it again.

When you fly the middle finger are you an operator or a pilot??
emoji6.png
In the "real" world of aviation that's called "hand flying".... I've never seen an "operator" (airline, charter company, etc.) do it, but have seen plenty of pilots execute such a maneuver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94