You might be a PhantomPilot if...

Anybody else missing Peter's point? Other than to tell a bunch of people that don't care that he can fly real airplane and is subject to FAA regulations? (Similar to others who post on this forum who have 333 exemptions and Part 107 Licences)

Reactions: sgf
I dont even have a drone and I do that. (Looking to by a dji something, reading to find out what that will be)
DO IT!! I was in your shoes about 3 weeks ago and I definitely don't regret spending a small fortune on a P4P. Worth every penny if you ask me. And there is potential to make what you spent back.

Reactions: Shakemaker
DO IT!! I was in your shoes about 3 weeks ago and I definitely don't regret spending a small fortune on a P4P. Worth every penny if you ask me. And there is potential to make what you spent back.

DON'T DO IT.... Drones are like crack.
JK.. just be careful, they will multiply and cause your wallet to get lighter. :)

Do your research, and find one you like... Or, what the heck, buy 2 (I love my phantoms)

I don't think I am a drone "pilot". I think I am a drone OPERATOR.

From my limited experience with my "new" Phantom 3 "standard", I do not see how a human of normal physical dimensions could pilot it. I have seen people OPERATE them, tho.

How sad that some folks' lives are, at least as it seems to them...so empty of meaning they have to claim they are pilots. Sounds pretty sad and pretentious to me.

When I "chuck" a fresh battery in my Phantom 3 'standard", turn on the controller, turn on the Phantom, and go thru its check-out in preparation for its flight..... I call myself a drone OPERATOR.

When I get into my airplane, go thru the pre-engine start check-list, in preparation for its flight, that's when I call myself a pilot (well...to be honest...I have taken check-rides, after which the examiner has wondered whether I should be allowed to operate a power lawn-mower without adult supervision.......! )

Oh well..it's a free country...I think everyone should use language in such a way that for them accurately expresses their needs.
So, you're saying you're a power lawnmower pilot? ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT