You might be a PhantomPilot if...

You charge your flight batteries more often than you fill up your personal vehicle.;)

51868685256f0283260b16c2f43e6172.jpg

Note the highest altitude...ifly2high is a totally different reference [emoji6]

I don't think I am a drone "pilot". I think I am a drone OPERATOR.

From my limited experience with my "new" Phantom 3 "standard", I do not see how a human of normal physical dimensions could pilot it. I have seen people OPERATE them, tho.

How sad that some folks' lives are, at least as it seems to them...so empty of meaning they have to claim they are pilots. Sounds pretty sad and pretentious to me.

When I "chuck" a fresh battery in my Phantom 3 'standard", turn on the controller, turn on the Phantom, and go thru its check-out in preparation for its flight..... I call myself a drone OPERATOR.

When I get into my airplane, go thru the pre-engine start check-list, in preparation for its flight, that's when I call myself a pilot (well...to be honest...I have taken check-rides, after which the examiner has wondered whether I should be allowed to operate a power lawn-mower without adult supervision.......! )

Oh well..it's a free country...I think everyone should use language in such a way that for them accurately expresses their needs.

How sad that some folks' lives are, at least as it seems to them...so empty of meaning they have to Get bent out of shape over labels. Sounds pretty sad and pretentious to me.

I was merely referring to the name of the forum you are posting on. Noticed how I even left out the space between the words and capitalized the P in the word pilot just like the logo? Honestly, I don't care at all what people call me when I use a quadcopter. I just hope people like you don't make a name for all PhantomUsers as up-tight jerks who feel a need to let people know how awesome they are because they're a "real pilot". Congrats on flying an airplane, buddy.

How sad that some folks' l..... Get bent out of shape over labels. Sounds pretty sad and pretentious to me.
........, I don't care at all what people call me when I use a quadcopter........ Congrats on flying an airplane, buddy.
Nothing wrong with people using words to assist them in feeling good about themselves. Incidentally, you will find more and more people like me who call themselves "airplane drivers" rather than say we "fly". More and more when people say they "fly"...what they really mean is that they sit in back of someone ELSE's airplane...!

There is an interesting parallel in how the general public dislikes both " real " general aviation, and now that drones are becoming known to the general public....they dont like that either !

We in general aviation have NOT been regulated out of existence - we did have to accept some restrictions society imposed on us. For example, we cant use our airplanes in the public airspace unless they are registered, marked accordingly, and we have first been tested and instructed on basic safety regs.

I dont like the government sticking its greedy nose into what I do. But the reality is, if we dont agree and even support and encourage some regulation, the general public will squash us.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj