You might be a PhantomPilot if...

And the #1 way you know you might be a PhantomPilot is...

...if you buy a Phantom then don't bother reading the instruction manual. Next, you have a question. You do not Google it, check YouTube or even see if the question has already been answered 5 times in the past week at PhantomPilots.com. Instead, you ask the question in a very general manor and not include relevant detals such as the specific model you own or a screen capture or anything else that would be helpful. Finally, just as people are helping you with your issue, you disappear, not even bothering to say thank you.

♦️See video...click below♦️
Doug Ales

Last edited:
I don't think I am a drone "pilot". I think I am a drone OPERATOR.

From my limited experience with my "new" Phantom 3 "standard", I do not see how a human of normal physical dimensions could pilot it. I have seen people OPERATE them, tho.

How sad that some folks' lives are, at least as it seems to them...so empty of meaning they have to claim they are pilots. Sounds pretty sad and pretentious to me.

When I "chuck" a fresh battery in my Phantom 3 'standard", turn on the controller, turn on the Phantom, and go thru its check-out in preparation for its flight..... I call myself a drone OPERATOR.

When I get into my airplane, go thru the pre-engine start check-list, in preparation for its flight, that's when I call myself a pilot (well...to be honest...I have taken check-rides, after which the examiner has wondered whether I should be allowed to operate a power lawn-mower without adult supervision.......! )

Oh well..it's a free country...I think everyone should use language in such a way that for them accurately expresses their needs.

pi·lot
ˈpīlət/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who operates the flying controls of an aircraft.
It does not state that you need to be in the aircraft, only operating the controls of the aircraft. Since the FAA has defined sUAS as aircraft, someone who operates the controls of the aircraft, is a pilot of said aircraft. You can call yourself an operator, and that you are. But by calling yourself a pilot you are defining what you are operating. If you think people should say sUAS pilot then that is a whole different matter but technically a person who operates the flying controls of an aircraft is a pilot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT