WOLRLD RECORD with bone STOCK RC 31,000ft/9,400m and back.

That's what I like about your battery mod, that nothing needs to be done on the Phantom itself! But can you show more pics: I mean how do you attach a cable to the stock battery, and where, soldering?
And some people wrote it is "risky" to do this straight to the battery; is this true?
No, not risky at all. Actually, much less risky than the mod on the Phantom itself.

Ahhh, you mean the inside. Well, I had it done by horizonfpv, so I don't myself what it looks like on the inside. I didn't open the battery so I have no idea what it looks like inside. Couldn't find any instructions how to open the P3 battery. Anyone has it ?
Horizonfpv in the UK? I thought they only did a mod of the P3 itself for batteries?
Can you make a close up picture of the modded battery, so we can see where the cables come out precisely?

Come on guys why call people jerks. Why do people like to name call other people? He has shown the pictures. He has had a battery modified to accept the slave batteries. Surely you can figure out that he is simply attaching the 2 extra batteries with a cable. He can't show you the battery mod as he didn't do it himself

Come on guys why call people jerks. Why do people like to name call other people? He has shown the pictures. He has had a battery modified to accept the slave batteries. Surely you can figure out that he is simply attaching the 2 extra batteries with a cable. He can't show you the battery mod as he didn't do it himself
Do you also have a battery mod, mohan. Which one?

Ahh till a couple of posts ago everyone assumed that he did the mod himself.

Do you also have a battery mod, mohan. Which one?

Yes - I have both - battery and P3. I keep the P3 battery to fly on P3's that are not modded and the use modded P3 aircraft to use standard batteries that are not modified (have I confused you)

Last edited:
Yes - I have both - battery and P3. I keep the P3 battery to fly on P3's that are not odded and the use modded P3 to use batteries that are not modded (have I confused you)

So what battery mod did you get? How did you do it or where did you get it? Happy with the mods?

Will make some pictures and will post tonight. But you won't see much else. Mohan seems to know much better, perhaps he can assist ?

Will make some pictures and will post tonight. But you won't see much else. Mohan seems to know much better, perhaps he can assist ?

I have looked at the horizon website and it lists the 2 mods. If you want the battery mod you need V1

Phantom 3 Power Mod V1

So what battery mod did you get? How did you do it or where did you get it? Happy with the mods?

As mentioned before I got both the mods (battery and aircraft) - did them in house. Both exactly the same result

Fantastic...in the UK I would be afraid to do this with all the air traffic laws and military aircraft on were I live. I often get Apaches, Osprey, F15s. And only the other day (talking about drones) I'm sure I saw a covert sentinel drone aircraft in flight.

What did you mod on the craft?

Opened the shell (with difficulty) located the plus and minus and then soldered a flying lead with exits on both sides. Wired up 2 - XT60 connectors and then mounted the battery using a plate mounted on the legs. I really don't want to hijack fanti's thread.. Please PM if you require any further info - glad to help

Reactions: Gary E
Opened the shell (with difficulty) located the plus and minus and then soldered a flying lead with exits on both sides. Wired up 2 - XT60 connectors and then mounted the battery using a plate mounted on the legs. I really don't want to hijack fanti's thread.. Please PM if you require any further info - glad to help
Mohan, feel free pls to continue here as well. Really appreciate your insight and help.

Reactions: Gary E
Thats how the modded battery looks:
IMG_8284.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8283.JPG
    IMG_8283.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,328
I would loose my bottle going that distance LOL, but a great technology proved for the P3, I will be getting my one soon, the product never ceases to amaze.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl