Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Wind limitations?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by beamerbuilder1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. beamerbuilder1

Anyone know the wind limitations on the Phantom 3 Pro? What's the max wind gusts you've flown in? Or is it just an educated guess and judgement call?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. dg8882

I have flown my standard in 20-25 mph winds with gusts over 30 mph. GPS still holds it in one spot but it's hard to get steady pictures. If you fly in higher winds, I would recommend flying upwind and do whatever you want there so if there is an unexpectedly high gust (over 35mph,) It will be carried back to you rather than away.
    All P3 models are the same when it comes to speed and flight performance.

beamerbuilder1 likes this.
  3. ray rokni

I've flown p3p in 30mph wind and gusts over 45mph. held its ground going into head wind crawling at 5mph but came back at 63mph!!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

4. beamerbuilder1

You guys are brave! I tried in about 17 knot winds today and could hardly land it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. Dronason

You should also always take care of the wind direction and first go against the wind. Then go back faster with the wind help. So the evaluation by the GO app of the safe return point is a worst case. If you do the opposite, then evaluation will be wrong and you can have issue on the way back.

6. Unmannedsky

Anyone else have experience in windy conditions? Trying to get an idea of rough wind limits. When do things start getting hairy on take-off/landing? What about in flight? Sounds like data/imaging starts to suffer at 20 knots?