• No I'm waiting to buy one

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Yes, Trackimo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, RF-V16

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, Marco Polo

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes, another GPS tracker (specify if you don't mind)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, I'm confident in my DJI platform

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
How about a "No, I'm confident in my DJI platform" option? :)

I use a gps tracker because my Phantom is a man made product and anything that is man made can go wrong and get lost. One call to my tracker and I will find it again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I did when I first purchased my P3P but only lasted about 1 month dont use my tracker anymore.. as i normally only fly over water if it goes down im screwed either way.

I agree it is fun to fly away out of sight, i use mine for photography so enjoy watching it fly. I take panoramas. I want to take a panorama of Kings College Cambridge in the spring. UK.

I use a GPS tracker all the time. Never leave home with out. Now if only I can remember to actually turn it on before I fly.. That would be great [emoji23]

Neon Euc

Reactions: uke and flowrider
I use a GPS tracker all the time. Never leave home with out. Now if only I can remember to actually turn it on before I fly.. That would be great [emoji23]

Neon Euc

Add it as part of your pre flight check list, mine is before I power on the drone.

Reactions: Neon Euc
a GPS tracker user here, well nothing is wrong to use a device to keep the low-rate chance of possibilities for your drone to be lost.

I use my TK-102 GPS tracker. Used for several years with ATT GSM service. When they discontinued their GSM service last year I switched to T-Mobile who is the last GSM provider in the USA. Still the best tracker available, IMHO.

Reactions: Chris42
I was going to get one but I figured it's best to trust my wife. Oh wait...I live on the edge lol. No tracker here.

I use my TK-102 GPS tracker. Used for several years with ATT GSM service. When they discontinued their GSM service last year I switched to T-Mobile who is the last GSM provider in the USA. Still the best tracker available, IMHO.

Looking at that tracker on Amazon, it looks like it uses magnets to attach to car bodies in the intended application. Wouldn't that screw up the phantom's compass?

Also, where do you mount it? It looks like the phantom's GPS antenna is on the top of the body. I would think you wouldn't want to cover that with a highly magnetic, electronic obstruction...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor