Who has never had a problem with their Phantom?

How many issues?

• never had one

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • just a minor quirk

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • needed a trip to DJI for service

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • first one didn't last

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
No problems here.

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
I have had 11 hours of flying time, 67 flights and 213,560 metres flown and not one issue so far!! I hope i am jinxing it by speaking these words!

On the movie Serenity;

"Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flying is? Well, I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say.

River Tam: I do. But I like to hear you say it.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

River Tam: Storm's getting worse.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: We'll pass through it soon enough. "

Okay, so I'm a nerd LOL

One time my iPhone 5s straight-up crashed during flight... just turned off completely and didn't want to turn on or charge after that. But that's not the Phantom's fault, and all I had to do was press the RTH button on the controller for it to come back. Easy.

Up until yesterday I would have said no problems on my P3P purchased in May 2015. However, monthly airframe inspection showed two stress cracks. Called DJI yesterday and shipped it off today. With these numbers though, I guess I won't. complain.
UAVbits strong arm reinforcement plates ordered despite naysayers in the forum.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453580742.113698.jpg

65 flights, over 14 hours and zero issues. I haven't even had issues with the app on my note 4 either. No freezes, no jello in flight, she is one happy bird!

Purchased directly from DJI's web site a P3 Advanced. First flight was in May 2015. No mods, just bios/software upgrades. Initially flew with a iPhone 6+ then more recently with an iPad Mini 4. Flawless flights and video/image capture every time; not a single problem, ever. Most of my flights are over the ocean/beach/islands, as low as 3 ft above sea level and as high as 400 ft. Have only flown indoors once. Once flew near a major airport with prior permission from the tower in a Phantom 3 meet-up with 5 other pilots flying in formation 2-3 ft from each other. Looking forward to one day going to drone camps with other pilots, as 99% of the time I fly, I never see another drone/pilot in the area.

Started out with a Yuneec Q500 4K that I could not get the GPS to lock at home. Worked well at the high school or church but not at home. Bought a P3S and worked without a issue. Was so happy I bought a P3A and love them both. I could not be happier. Had a problem with downloading firmware and called customer service and they walked me through it and I am good.

235 flights with my Inspire 1 and 16 flights with my new Phantom 3 pro and zero problems with either of them. I also have an Osmo with it's own X3 camera and although I haven't used it much I've had no problems with that either. In my mind it's all about being meticulous with your firmware updates, flight preparation, site awareness and taking care of this high tech equipment.
Then again maybe I've just been lucky but I can't speak highly enough of DJI gear.
I don't think you're lucky. Like you, I firmly believe the trick to having minimal or no problems lies in meticulous care and caution.

Had it a month with now about 20 flights. Has worked perfectly. Did all the software upgrades. Even flew it into a tree, got it down with some effort, lost 3 propellars. Put on the spares & flew it within 10 mins. This is one impressive device.

I own two P3A's. 31 flights total combined. Have both set at at 400' altitude and 2000' range. Have flown both to max range and alt with absolutely no issues. I live in northern Colorado in the mountains that have constant up and down drafts and high wind gusts, so out of site flying can be risky, but I've never lost contact, so the gps flights have been very controllable. I have switched to atti mode once at 400' up and found myself being blown away at about 20 mph, but switched back to P mode and regained control even with the winds at altitude.
I've read so many issues posted on this site, and believe some could be valid equipment failure, but also believe most are human errors.
I've flown smaller quad copters both indoors and outdoors, but non with the safe flight features of these birds. Maybe I'm lucky, and fortunate not to have any issues. If you've never flown a quad copter before, maybe one of these are not what you should buy to learn on. But if you do, and your patient with it and yourself and practice in small steps you should be fine and happy with your experience. I've also heard a lot about the firmware upgrades and issues caused by them, we'll both my birds are current, and I'm flying in a cold weather climate with no issues at all with the birds performance or the batteries stamina. Most of my flights have been at 60-70% usage im a firm supporter of DJI and the technology that is offered in their products.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

P3P 45 flights with no issues at all. I'm blown away by how easy it is to fly in even high winds or low visibility. I've attained 3.3 miles away (6.6 total trip) with no loss of video and no upgrades.

235 flights 67 hours only drama was 1 of the connectors on the P2V= Gimbal came out ( the small one ) so i didnt record a great flight of a goanna climbing a big gum tree ,,,,, was pissed about that ,,,,never crashed never hit anything have tested autonimus and works great ,

I did contact DJI once and thought my email didnt get thru ,as didnt get a reply ,
6 weeks later i got a sorry send the unit in for repair we will plug the connector back in for you .
I think they think we are stupid ,
VK2LOZ radio tech 35 years ,,, ignorance is bad for business ,,
Am building my own drones as i may as well as there customer service is garbage ,
HAPPY FLYING ALL

I fly a P3pro, total flight time 4hrs - distance 15,723meters. No problems that I haven't played a part in. Quite a few heart in mouth moments. After reading a lot of posts here about the experiences of others I've lean't heaps, I've had some issues of which were my own making and then resolved, so no complains here.
I think its a amazing machine. For me its all about the camera, love to shoot video, I've been a TV cameraman all my working life so I've had and still will have great fun with it. :)

I have flown over 50 times, first flight discovered that I had a faulty gimbal. Replaced that, never had any other problem!! Pretty good device so far.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl