Who has never had a problem with their Phantom?

How many issues?

• never had one

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • just a minor quirk

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • needed a trip to DJI for service

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • first one didn't last

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I have never flown with GO. It doesn't run long enough to even do a takeoff before it locks up.

Will have to see if Lichi has similar.
GO is the only flight app i havent had crash. NO, im not a dji go fanboy... my point is you must have a hardware issue and unfortuantaely you will need the go app to adjust some settings on the aircraft other apps dont seem to cover atm.

I hate to even log a response... but mine has but pretty amazing so far.

I have never flown with GO. It doesn't run long enough to even do a takeoff before it locks up.

Will have to see if Lichi has similar.

you need to update all the FW. so the camera, rc and quad all are playing together nice.
if one is mismatched things can go bad and not run well.
since the GO app crashes , can you test with second device to see what happens.
the go app should at least start up and you can view help files etc. WITHOUT quad.

good luck!

Go starts without copter. Most of the time it will view stuff. THat runs for a while. But it ALWAYS locks up while connected in camera view mode.

I only had one problem and it was caused by me calibrating the compass on a sidewalk. The metal in the sidewalk caused a bad calibration, but I landed it without damage.

70 flights 11 hours and 12 minutes 97 miles
almost crashed on landing with csc but other than that zero problems

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

P3P at release problem, back and forth twice to DJi for horizon level, 1st time they did something and when I got it back the ribbon cable snagged and clicked when moving the gimbal back and forth. So 2nd time they got to fix it, which they did. Horizon was still off pretty bad though. I sold it.

P3A 100% rock solid and still going strong. Not 1 single issue aside from buggy firmware releases from DJi. She's a keeper and I have supreme confidence in her.

I think it's a crapshoot though. I figure most people get good P3's but there are many that don't so.

Crashed into a tree & snapped off gimbal. 100% pilot error, didn't program a waypoint high enough. Changed the props and she flew just fine, sans gimbal. Aside from my own stupidity, zero problems aside from a minor quirk after a firmware update that a gimbal recalibration fixed.

I have over 300 flights and I've NEVER had an issue. Most issues are operator error OR not preparing and flying smart!

My first flight was on 07/03/15 with my Phantom 3 Pro, I've got 200 flights and around 900,000 feet flown and have had 0 problems and have the latest firmware on both the Phantom 3 pro and the R/C. I have a few videos on YouTube if anyone would be interested in checking them out. I "Fly for Fun"! Just search for Phantom 3 pro by Don Miller. No professional videos but some neat places and just fun stuff I've done.

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
No problems here.

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
Great thread, puts some reality on the hobby. I've had a few issues, some of which are were my own creation, but hey it's a technical pastime. What I would add though is that it's worth the hassle. All things considered, work, family and life's general stressors, when it takes off I'm still as excited as ever. It's the best hobby I've ever had, and I've had a few. Cheers.

The only issues I've had, have been pilot error. I'm definitely the weak link in the system.

I've had two minor skirmishes with my Phantom - both pilot error. Other than that, my Phantom has never done anything unexpected.

Got my P3 Advanced almost 8 months ago. Many flawless flights. Hovers motionless, gets 19 satellites most of the time. Replaced the camera with a 4k, so now when I upgrade the firmware I have to use the P3 Professional BIN file.

I read all the threads of cracking near the motor. When I bought my phantom 3, I also bought the quick snsp on prop guards, which I installed before my first flight. The idea behind this was to reinforce the area around the motor. I don't even have to snap on the guards, just the accomodating brackets below the motors sure helped.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj