Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Which is a good FPV to buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rene75, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Rene75

And I also would like to buy a system so I can see from to ground what my GoPro Hero 3 BE is seeing...

Has to be one that I can buy in The Netherlands so I can withdraw the taxes for my business.
    Anyone got experience with the 5.8GHz Diversity LCD

Thanx for you info

Cheers
    Rene

2. martcerv

The fatshark gear is most popular all over by fpv flyers so not a bad place to start, though many change the video links to something other then stock. I use the DJI AVL58 with a screen rather then goggles but screens are a bit tricky and my first screen wasn't that great. My current FPV setup would cost about $500usd so its also a but more then the standard fatshark setup will cost you. I am just uploading a video showing it in action which will give a better idea of how it works with a camera on my radio showing the screen.

3. Rene75

Thanx Matcerv,

I'd rather not buy the goggle version. I prefer the screen attached to my RC.

It think it will be a great tool for making better footage from the sky :)
    And I look forward to your video

Cheers
    Rene

4. MegaDeal

I had a Fatshark Predator which I recently sold. Replaced it with a Boscam 500mw and a 7" lcd monitor that attaches to my Futaba t8j. I'd much prefer flying with a monitor than goggles. I just feel more comfortable flying this way and it's easier to let others view fpv.

5. Rene75

Thanx MegaDeal for your response

That's my idea too... I think the goggles might give a great view, but I can't see the things going on around me, or the battery indicator telling me it's almost out of battery.

6. boat chaser

recently bought the fat shark goggle system with 600 mw immersionrc vtx and high gain antenne. I run the visuals through the gopro 3 with a simple plug in cable so I see what the gopro see's. I would like to also get a screen as goggles can make you quite vulnerable when your on your own. Here's a test vid of the fat shark dominator.

http://youtu.be/cc41o3BVWCo

fpv is awesome.

7. martcerv

I did a little video of my fpv setup in action in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1720 the video doesn't quite capture the screen as well as I can see it but gives an idea of the signal quality and how it works mounted to the radio.

8. FangsCPO

Awesome!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2