Which drone to use scouting for hunting.

Adding to the list of things I've learned:
5) Don't fly, while the deer hunters are in the blinds. Again it's surprising loud and spooks the deer. You sure aren't going to make you any friends.

Deer rifle is one thing, but a shotgun is a totally different story. I wouldn't even think of flying unless you've cleared it with those involved and know that's it's cool with EVERYONE. My limited success has been finding pigs during the mid day while there isn't anyone in a blind.
Evel: thanks for the benefit of your experience. I have been considering using the P3A for an aerial deer survey in S Texas, much like the big ranch owners hire a helicopter to do in the winter, after deer season. It would be good if it spooks them because they would be easier to spot and count.

Using a Quadcopter to hunt/scout for ducks. If I was hunting there I would suggest that you train your dog to retrieve a drone cause I would blow that Motherfuc..out of the air if it came near my blind. If no one understands they do not duck hunt. WTF???????? Why arent you all blasting him on this, this is exactly why the fuc...FAA is hunting. My Lord Jesus
I hunt, fly,& swear, but you're even a little too extreme for me,Papagrumpy

Reactions: GunnyPapa
Not sure where you are as in state but it was just passed in the sate of Idaho that drones cannot be used in scouting for animals or hunting. Also just an FYI you have to be farther up in elevation from birds otherwise you will spook them. I have noticed when flying that you need to be up a bit more than you think otherwise they will jump. On another note you need to be up high enough that your hunting completion cannot shoot your new investment from the sky! Good luck hunting

G

Evel: thanks for the benefit of your experience. I have been considering using the P3A for an aerial deer survey in S Texas, much like the big ranch owners hire a helicopter to do in the winter, after deer season. It would be good if it spooks them because they would be easier to spot and count.
What we really need is thermal! A little pricey at this point for me.

I hunt, fly,& swear, but you're even a little too extreme for me,Papagrumpy
Not even extreme for me but I respect your opinion brother. However, like I said previos I was kinda speaking 3rd person as what to expect if you practice this method of "hunting"

This is a good point. You're not gonna be able to see the ducks. Even in ideal conditions your live video feed isn't going to be crystal clear 720p plus there will be glare unless you use goggles. I'm thinking yes get the P3A to use and enjoy but if your primary use case is to scout for ducks you will not be satisfied.
He will have video to watch at home and a copy of the flight path if he uploads to healthydrones. I think it can work for him better than nothing.

Not even extreme for me but I respect your opinion brother. However, like I said previos I was kinda speaking 3rd person as what to expect if you practice this method of "hunting"

I still think it can be a great way to spot game without the use of hunting. States get really picky on what you can/can't do when hunting. Chances are it is not illegal in most places but I would hate to meet the game warden if I was hunting and flying if right side of law or not.

I am a land owner so I am interested in watching and following the game. It is fun to watch them grow over time. I have only caught deer so far on my drone but I would still love to catch more. Some day I will catch a coyote just not sure when but at night sometimes you can hear them. Deer seem to be easier to spot with drone.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
I still think it can be a great way to spot game without the use of hunting. States get really picky on what you can/can't do when hunting. Chances are it is not illegal in most places but I would hate to meet the game warden if I was hunting and flying if right side of law or not.

I am a land owner so I am interested in watching and following the game. It is fun to watch them grow over time. I have only caught deer so far on my drone but I would still love to catch more. Some day I will catch a coyote just not sure when but at night sometimes you can hear them. Deer seem to be easier to spot with drone.
Where are you 4State?

In NH, it's against the law to use a drone to aid with hunting. I imagine other states have the same law.

Where are you 4State?

I am in Kansas. So deer are pretty common to see depending on the time of year. I actually am getting ready to move game cameras based on where I saw deer. So my P3A helped me a TON seeing I was missing 2 different paths they seem to like currently.

And I am just using it as picture taking of game. So far no mixing of this with hunting so those worried about legal issues none here. I enjoy watching the animals around the land grow.

Who would think that this post has gotten this far. WTF Kinda funny now showing all the interest in hunting not quadcopters

Reactions: Reed L
Stop killing for sport...
It was already made clear that op is killing for food, not sport. Do you eat meat, wear leather, eat honey, drink milk??? I can guarantee you that animals that die at the hand of a hunter who is hunting (even for sport) but that eats what they kill(as all hunters should) are better off than the factory farmed animals that the majority of us don't think twice about.

Reactions: dbeavers
Who would think that this post has gotten this far. WTF Kinda funny now showing all the interest in hunting not quadcopters

I would not agree it's all about hunting. A lot I think are using quad's to see animals on their land or during flights. So for some hunting is not even a part of it. Just watching nature is amazing with animals.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart