Which DJI gives best pilot video link mavic or P4pro and less jpeg artifacts

Reaction score
Hi

I use phantoms for research documenting the behaviour of small whales. I fly P3pro but I am often challenged by the quality of the videofeed. In summary the quality cost me data. I fly over water, and very often experience a kind of mild jpeg blockiness of the image. I think it is due to the drone percieving the surface as uniform and try to save bandwidth. BUT in fact it very much reduces the resolution i can use to track the animals, and i loose them from sight even though i can see them clearly in the video later. I have tried all the tricks of custom quality settings, i have even exchanged antennas on controller with long range antennas. No effect.

SOO my main issue when wanting a new drone is absolute quality of video downlink i can see on the ipad or other platform, the pilots live feed, in lack of the proper lingo please help...

Anyhow i have heard implied that the video link on the mavic may in fact be superior to the p4pro.. BUT i actually would much prefer the p4pro since i have to hand catch the drone, legs are better for that. Otherwise the mavic is sweeet. So if anyone has both, and especilly tried the p4pro on the water, filming straight down so only water surface fills the field of view I am very curious to hear what pilot feed quality you get

You can hand catch a Mavic. I turn off the sensors and snag it. I usually find no need to do that because the Mavic is far more balanced than my Phantoms. I just land it.

If you prefer the P4p get one. Don't buy a Mavic if you prefer the P4p. That's a recipe for disappointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can hand catch a Mavic. I turn off the sensors and snag it. I usually find no need to do that because the Mavic is far more balanced than my Phantoms. I just land it.

If you prefer the P4p get one. Don't buy a Mavic if you prefer the P4p. That's a recipe for disappointment.

Ehhh i prefer the one with better video feed for the pilot.. That was the point..

Hi
mavic may in fact be superior to the p4pro.. BUT i actually would much prefer the p4pro since i have to hand catch the drone, legs are better for that.

Get the P4p... if you "much prefer" it. I have flown both. The video feed on the Mavic is far more detailed than the P3... I own both. I don't know the specs on the P4 but I can attest the video feed is compatible at least to the Mavic. Splitting hairs, I think, on which one is better. I was flying with a tablet though I'm sure the built in tablet is better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing