Which Android tablet for my P4P?

I have the Nvidia Shield K1 and it's very hard to see on a bright sunny day even with a sunvisor.

Hmm, good to know. I wouldn't even be buying an android tablet if the iOS version of DJI GO 4 were released. I typically use an iPhone 6 Plus or iPad Mini 4. I tend to use the 6 Plus more often than the iPad Mini 4, and both with a sun shade. Perhaps when the new DJI displays are available (assuming they will run Litchi)...

Last edited:
From the P3 forum: @ricphoto, we'll need to try this:

"On your Shield K1, you can go to Settings/ Display/ Color Management, then uncheck the box that says, "Global Tone Mapping", then you can change the Gamma/ Black Level/ Contrast/ Saturation/ and Temperature. Once outside just adjust it to where you like it the best.

I have made 2 profiles on my K1, 1 for playing games inside and another for running the P3 in bright sun. You can make as many profiles as needed to save all of your changes or you can just make the changes manually when you use it for flying.

Some of the K1 settings can only be made from the "Owner" Profile but the "Color Management" can be set for each profile individually."

Reactions: ricphoto
I was browsing on Amazon for the Nexus 7 tablet and you can get used ones for 55 bucks (and higher) with 30 day warranty's on some. Might be a better option than buying new.

I've always heard great things about the Shield and Phantoms, so that's what I did.

Found a good deal at B&H Photo:
NVIDIA 8" SHIELD 16GB Tablet K1 940-81761-2500-500 B&H

Now, I might even return the HDMI module I bought for my P4P.. Depending on how the Shield works with my Glyph. I'll compare the Shield HDMI output to the HDMI module output on my P3P.
Nice thing about the Nvidia shield is it has a HDMI out port that you can plug a monitor into. I use a 24" monitor in the field powered by a inverter from my car. Big screen doing that.

I've always heard great things about the Shield and Phantoms, so that's what I did.

Found a good deal at B&H Photo:
NVIDIA 8" SHIELD 16GB Tablet K1 940-81761-2500-500 B&H

Now, I might even return the HDMI module I bought for my P4P.. Depending on how the Shield works with my Glyph. I'll compare the Shield HDMI output to the HDMI module output on my P3P.
Tried the HDMI module, had to unplug/replug every time usb cable. Ddn't like that so I returned the module.(Using Nvidia shield)

Tried the HDMI module, had to unplug/replug every time usb cable. Ddn't like that so I returned the module.(Using Nvidia shield)
Good info, thanks! Was the content the same as far as output from the module vs the Shield? When I use the module on my P3P, it isn't the same as looking at the tablet. Which is fine, as long as telemetry info is visible.

Good info, thanks! Was the content the same as far as output from the module vs the Shield? When I use the module on my P3P, it isn't the same as looking at the tablet. Which is fine, as long as telemetry info is visible.
I think all visible data was the same, after realizing it needed plugging I removed it as I'm not into all that. (Researched/tried everything, debugging ect.)

I think all visible data was the same, after realizing it needed plugging I removed it as I'm not into all that. (Researched/tried everything, debugging ect.)
Did you set the display option for both USB and HDMI in the DJI GO app?

From another post by DJI-Ken:

"That is correct, the HDMI module will not work on the P4 until you update the RC to 1.5.8.Also when you connect a monitor, make sure you enable "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI" from the HD settings menu."

:
:Bulk Wholesale Cheap Mini 9 Inch Android Wifi Kids Touch Screen LCD Monitors Tablet PC Laptop Computers with HDMI and AV Input - Table PC - SHENZHEN G-VISION TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD

Just bought one. Need to do a review, but I don't know how that'll work if my phantom sells today.Apparently it was designed with the p3/p4 in mind. Bright screen, great resolution, and a good price was the selling point. It does have the older kit kat though, but the HDMI input was a major factor in getting this.
I bought this and i'm very disappointed with the performance of this tablet.Old software 4.1.1 the dji go app doesn't work ok,battery life very low,sound of the speakers very low.The only thing i like about this tablet is the screen,is very bright outside and if you are going to use it as an hdmi monitor it's very good.

I bought this and i'm very disappointed with the performance of this tablet.Old software 4.1.1 the dji go app doesn't work ok,battery life very low,sound of the speakers very low.The only thing i like about this tablet is the screen,is very bright outside and if you are going to use it as an hdmi monitor it's very good.
DId it lag?

It's true
3bf7b991e3ae8263e9984b74b24a23a2.jpg

I guess there Will be some android tablets getting returned now

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Beefy and tml4191

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members