Which Android tablet for my P4P?

Reaction score
So, it'll be here tomorrow and as they can't tell me when the iOS app will be out I'm going to have to get an Android tab.
It will be dedicated to the P4P so don't want to spend a fortune, but a bright screen and relatively future proof would be good.

Comments about the P4P+ not required thanks!

The Nexus tablets are cheap enough and run pure android. Although you shouldn't have to spend more money because the company neglected you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Nvidia Shield Tablet is cheap and has adjustable contrast etc. Get an anti-glare screen cover, play with the screen settings, and you'll be good to go.

So, it'll be here tomorrow and as they can't tell me when the iOS app will be out I'm going to have to get an Android tab.
It will be dedicated to the P4P so don't want to spend a fortune, but a bright screen and relatively future proof would be good.

Comments about the P4P+ not required thanks!
I'm trying to figure out the same thing...I'm over at:

Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

wading through the list now trying to find one that's eligible for Amazon Prime and at a reasonable price...big list...very helpful

Nvidia shield!!! You'll be happy with the performance.

Sucks that anyone has to buy a new device due to the iOS release delay but... after you get used to using the tablet your next phone will probably be Android... ;)

Sucks that anyone has to buy a new device due to the iOS release delay but... after you get used to using the tablet your next phone will probably be Android... ;)

My thoughts exactly! Been needing an excuse to break up the stranglehold!

Thanks all.

My thoughts exactly! Been needing an excuse to break up the stranglehold!

Thanks all.

Before you go buying an Android tablet, keep in mind that most of the previous DJI app issues have been on the Android platform. I doubt it'll make you swap to Android across all your devices.

:
:Bulk Wholesale Cheap Mini 9 Inch Android Wifi Kids Touch Screen LCD Monitors Tablet PC Laptop Computers with HDMI and AV Input - Table PC - SHENZHEN G-VISION TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD

Just bought one. Need to do a review, but I don't know how that'll work if my phantom sells today.Apparently it was designed with the p3/p4 in mind. Bright screen, great resolution, and a good price was the selling point. It does have the older kit kat though, but the HDMI input was a major factor in getting this.

How did you buy one? Do you have to call Flysight directly? I don't see a price or a link to purchase online. How much does it cost?

Before you go buying an Android tablet, keep in mind that most of the previous DJI app issues have been on the Android platform.
That has everything to do with the particular device, but regardless... that was then, this is now. Since DJI now sells Android-based professional display systems you can bet that going forward DJI will consider Android support a priority. In fact, it seems to already have happened... :)

I use a Samsung tab s2. Works perfect. But it keeps prompting me to do the Samsung update. I refuse. I heard if you do the update you have to fight with it to connect

How did you buy one? Do you have to call Flysight directly? I don't see a price or a link to purchase online. How much does it cost?
contacted them directly. Let me know how much they charge ya. They seem to change their price. Also, on amazon it goes for 350. ...Just sold my p3p, so I don't think I can do a review right away, but a simple video of the product might help since most of the ones available on youtube are not in english

The latest DJI support told be the iOS app would be "soon ", which culturally I would normally take as a 'hold on, I can't say....' . But given the other messages I'm going to take a punt on a Samsung Tab A 7in, they're £99 at the moment whereas the Nvidia one is £220...... and I can get the Samsung in a local shop tomorrow......one of those 'rent' type ones with an extended return window for Christmas

Nice catch...darn you ;-) Cancelled my Amazon order and went with this one too...much nicer specs than the Samsung I was looking at...Now I can have you help me finger it out...

Reactions: mikesher
I've always heard great things about the Shield and Phantoms, so that's what I did.

Found a good deal at B&H Photo:
NVIDIA 8" SHIELD 16GB Tablet K1 940-81761-2500-500 B&H

Now, I might even return the HDMI module I bought for my P4P.. Depending on how the Shield works with my Glyph. I'll compare the Shield HDMI output to the HDMI module output on my P3P.
I have the Nvidia Shield K1 and it's very hard to see on a bright sunny day even with a sunvisor. My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is brighter but it's not enough real state for me. Owning both the Mavic Pro and sometime tomorrow the P4P I would really like a high nit tablet around the 8inch variety. I also have a Nexus 7 (2012) which seems to be the brightest of all I have tried and it actually fits in the Mavic controller but I've yet to get DJI GO or DJI GO 4 to run on it (working on that).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl