Where have you put your FAA number?

I put mine inside the battery compartment all the way to the back. Peeled off the back of the label, rested it on the battery, and slid the Phantom on to the battery. Flipped it over and pulled the battery back out. Used the eraser end of a pencil to push it down and make sure it was secure. Worked great.

here's what i did last night in the battery compartment.

Attachments

• IMG_20160208_224622.jpg
    IMG_20160208_224622.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 352
Reactions: MikeyG
Wow, what a long strange trip it's been comes to mind from the first post. Thanks for those who tried to keep it on message without trying to make it political. Great examples all, well those who stuck to the topic or close to it.. Lol

I have been trying to find what size the font has to be for our registration Id for our "drones". I haven't had any luck. Has the faa made any statements concerning the size. 1/4 inch , 1/2 inch or microscopic? ?????
They have not specified:
1. Font size
2. What alphabet to use

Only requirements are:
1. Accessible without use of tools.
2. Legible
3. Permanent attachment

Full Definition of legible
  1. capable of being read or deciphered : plain <legible handwriting>

2. capable of being discovered or understood

So it could be 5" tall Anglo-Saxxon runes or it could be .1mm tall Standard Galactic Alphabet. Both of which satisfy the capable of being read or deciphered and capable of being discovered or understood definitions. Of course odds are the LEO is not gonna be happy with either option unless he happens to be a history major or played Commander Keen a lot, but he can't do anything about it.

As long as you don't print it in white on a white background, its all good. Until they change the rules. Again.

I suppose, once you are required to have one (still not required for most of us here), where, and how you put it on, largely depends upon whether or not you want to make it easy, or very hard to find...:p

Last edited:
The faa does not have all the answers regarding this registration BS. There are a lot of loopholes and contradictions in the process. This has not been thought out clearly. My friend recently asked them a few questions about tourists bringing their drones to take aerial selfies. Apparently one can not even get a clear answer out of them. Here was the reply.
"
2016-02-09 10:40:07 AM EST - Thomas, KarlousAdditional comments
We apologize, but we do not have enough data to look into your issue at this time. Please submit the following additional information in order for us to assist you further.

Name

Email address used

Phone Number

Billing Address:

State

Zip Code

Date of incident

Time of incident

Web Browser [Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari]

Web Browser Version [Can click Help|About in the toolbar to get]

Operating System [Windows, MAC, Android, iOS]

Device Type [Laptop, Desktop, Phone]

Description of issue

U.S. Department of Transportation

Federal Aviation Administration

800 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, DC 20591"

The faa does not have all the answers regarding this registration BS. There are a lot of loopholes and contradictions in the process. This has not been thought out clearly. My friend recently asked them a few questions about tourists bringing their drones to take aerial selfies. Apparently one can not even get a clear answer out of them. Here was the reply.

Of course it doesn't. Its because they shoved this down American's throats like a beer bong at a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl