Where have you put your FAA number?

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and registered this week - please let's not turn this post into a debate on whether we agree with the process ;-) Just wondering where people have been putting their numbers?

I printed mine on dymo in a small font and put it on the right hand side in the battery compartment as I read that's fine as long as tools are needed to get in there...

Just curious if people are doing the same or putting them more obviously externally?

Label makered mine as well but I don't really see the point in hiding the number my cell number is on it anyway on the top lip right above the battery bay. So I stuck my FA number on the left hand side of the P3, same spot where DJi has their sticker on the right side cept on the left side.

pOdkxlA.jpg

$6 for mine to be printed/shipped. Find my thread if you want link/size/details.

I put mine outside my helicopter. I guess I'm a bit more realistic than others with fear of their number being outside their bird. I have nothing to hide and I support the registration of the consumer aerial devices. It's called being an adult and responsible!!!

droneregistered2_zpsob9psnlq.png

droneregisterd_zpskxexv71o.png

The AMA is recommending to hold off on registering until the February 19th deadline unless you bought yours on or after December 21st and have to register before your first flight .

The AMA is recommending to hold off on registering until the February 19th deadline unless you bought yours on or after December 21st and have to register before your first flight .

But at the date, they will not refund your $5 back lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't believe anything is going to change just my opinion. If it does great it didn't cost me anything.

Reactions: Richard in ky
I put it below the Phantom metallic label.

Heard that too. My local RC club was saying that your AMA number might be all you need. It's free right now, so why the heck not?

You may not be wise to show your full number dirty bird as others could conceivably use it! That's the main reason for mine being inside the battery bay (probably just paranoid but you never know)

Using a peel and stick label maker, I put one on each battery.

I put mine on the side below the arms. These are the decals I sell.

Reactions: Azmopic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31