Where are the .DAT files on Phantom 4 PRO?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am looking to find my .DAT files of my Phantom 4 PRO.
I have a P3 Pro and I have found my .DAT files with a USB connection in the front of the Drone. But there is nos such thing on the P4 PRO.
So where are they located. I would like to use them with DatCon .
I have found some .DAT files on my android phone at DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightLog like FLY0001.DAT@1-07-04_06-50 etc but they are not recognized by DatCon.
So where are you guys getting your .DAT files on the P4 PRO I insiste on the PRO side because it seems to be different on the P4 drones.
Thanks in advance.

Ing.

The DAT flight logs are stored on the Phantom's internal memory card. You can find instructions for retrieving the DAT flight logs here.

Thanks msinger.
But it seems that the page you are referring me to is obsolete. Actually it refers to an earlier version of DJI Assistant 2.
They are using Assistant 2 V.1.0.8 and I have 1.1.2-2
So the step by step instruction given by your link do not follow any sequence available on latest DJI Assistant 2 version.
If you are doing it yourself could you tell me the step by step instructions.
If you go to the link you provided me and check it out on latest DJI Assistant version you will see the differences.
Thanks again.

Ing.

Follow these instructions for version 1.1.2-2 (or higher).

FWIW, I just followed those instructions exactly and had no trouble retrieving the DAT files.

Reactions: Ing Zimmerman
Ok Got it.
The problem is that I was expecting DJI Assistant 2 to get me to the directory and then offer me a way to copy the files or whatever.
BUT after the connection is made and confirmed it creates a new disk entry in the windows File Explorer on my system it is called DJI FLY LOG, and we have to use File Explorer to get to the files and copy them etc. I used one with DatCon and it worked ok.
Thanks msinger you are my Hero of the Day.
:)

Last edited:
That's the same way P3 does it. With flight data mode enabled, front USB appears as a USB drive.

That's the same way P3 does it. With flight data mode enabled, front USB appears as a USB drive.
Yes but not on the same port on the Drone and not using DJI Assistant 2. Can you link me to the procedure for the P3P I think I have lost it.
Ing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga