When will DJI release new features for the Vision ?

Reaction score
I'm curious, why there is no news or information about development of additional features being released, like the Way point app ('only similar' to the Ground Station) or just some helpful or fun modes like "flying in a fixed radius circle", or a "follow me" like mode, to integrate more of the smartphones abilities. Any thoughts ?

The Rookie

Despite marketing to the contrary, DJI is not in the least bit known for their "timeliness" nor for their ability to even remotely come close to their publicly announced release dates. Take whatever measure of time they tell you and factor it by 1.5-3x and maybe you'll be in the ballpark. Gazing into a crystal ball would likely render a more accurate date, however.

iDrone :roll:

It's true. I hope they haven't shot themselves in the foot by announcing the delay on the P2 Firmware to get them Ground Station was to make sure it worked absolutely 100% right... That's a brave promise from them given some of their previous "teething troubles" with firmware releases. I'd like to think this is because they have learnt the lesson and are squishing the bugs before release.

They've said the P2 firmware should be released end of next week. They previously said Vision waypoint flying would follow "a couple of weeks" after that.

As to those extra features you mentioned... well, DJI does have a "pro" range of flight controllers which has advanced features like Point of Interest flying and lots of other bells and whistles. I'd be surprised if they let the "hobby" line get too many of the "pro" tricks because a Naza-M-V2 costs under £200, whereas a WooKong costs around £700 and an A2 won't give you much change from £1000. None of those prices includes an aircraft, that's just for the flight controller and associated GPS unit...

It's true. I hope they haven't shot themselves in the foot by announcing the delay on the P2 Firmware to activate Ground Station was to make sure it worked absolutely 100% right... That's a brave promise from them given some of their previous "teething troubles" with firmware releases. I'd like to think this is because they have learnt the lessons and are squishing the bugs before release, not using the punters as beta testers.

They've said the P2 firmware should be released end of next week. They previously said Vision waypoint flying would follow "a couple of weeks" after that.

As to those extra features you mentioned... well, DJI does have a "pro" range of flight controllers which has advanced features like Point of Interest flying and lots of other bells and whistles. I'd be surprised if they let the "hobby" line get too many of the "pro" tricks because a Naza-M-V2 costs under £200, whereas a WooKong costs around £700 and an A2 won't give you much change from £1000. None of those prices includes an aircraft, that's just for the flight controller and associated GPS unit...[/quote]

I've been known to quote myself from time to time ... :)

Senior/blond/Alzheimer's moment ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl