When is Phantom 5 release?

After the fiasco with the NFZs in the US, Canada and most of Europe, compounded by the appalling reliability of the P4, and the latest firmware disaster, DJI are going down the drain. Why would anyone want to shell out even more money for more DJI junk until they fix the existing products.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I'm not holding my breath. Sometimes companies like to milk their tech, esp. in their flagship models. They trickle down the tech into cheaper units (Mavic, Spark). They squeeze what they can from existing models for as long as they're able while they perfect the next gen flagship.

I'm pretty happy with my P4P+.. my next upgrade will be something really big. like the Voyager 4 with the 16x zoom AND you can control it via a cell signal. You are only limited by the battery life.

After the fiasco with the NFZs in the US, Canada and most of Europe, compounded by the appalling reliability of the P4, and the latest firmware disaster, DJI are going down the drain. Why would anyone want to shell out even more money for more DJI junk until they fix the existing products.
Personally. I'm eager for the next gen of DJI drones, as I haven't had a single issue, that wasn't my fault, with my P3A. I generally wait for a couple of updates to pass to wait for the real leap, like the P3A/P are over the P2V+. The P4P wasn't enough of an advance to make me want to purchase that model and it's probable the P5 won't be either.

Last edited:
I'm not holding my breath. Sometimes companies like to milk their tech, esp. in their flagship models. They trickle down the tech into cheaper units (Mavic, Spark). They squeeze what they can from existing models for as long as they're able while they perfect the next gen flagship.

I'm pretty happy with my P4P+.. my next upgrade will be something really big. like the Voyager 4 with the 16x zoom AND you can control it via a cell signal. You are only limited by the battery life.

Are you sure of your expectations of the V4?
4G is camera control. Flight time 20 min. Aircraft controller range is speced at 1.5 km.
Or, am I mistaken?
$3k... ouch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
What faults would these be?
I haven't found any faults in mine.
You are kidding, right?

My P4P has been in for repair 3 times because of Air Encoder Errors, Gimbal Errors, failware updates that brick the aircraft, etc, etc.

No way I am putting any more cash into DJI's wallet until their aircraft actually work, reliably.

You are kidding, right?
My P4P has been in for repair 3 times because of Air Encoder Errors, Gimbal Errors, failware updates that brick the aircraft, etc, etc.
No way I am putting any more cash into DJI's wallet until their aircraft actually work, reliably.
No I'm not kidding. I've had a dream run with my P4pro, as have most users.
It sounds like you got a lemon but that doesn't mean they all are.

Reactions: N017RW
Is there any since in upgrading to the p4 if I'll only have it for a year?
If the P4 does everything you need it to do (mine does) I wouldn't see why not. Particularly since the prices are pretty good right now. Any P4 battery will fit as well so shouldn't be a concern as far as availability. And most, if well maintained, will give service well beyond a year. Unless DJI comes out with a Phantom 5 (about another year I'd guess) that has a feature such as super advanced VPS systems I'll be holding on to mine.

Reactions: DocDiggler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94