Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

When it doesn't fly in the direction you tell it to

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by stevefromsd, Jan 25, 2014.

1. stevefromsd

Both my Phantom and Blade 350 QX sometimes fly in a different direction than I am telling it to with the RC. Sometimes forward is reverse. Sometimes left is forward etc. Why does this happen??? It doesn't do this all the time. If I am in a large open area I can figure out in time how to fly it back to me. But my Phantom once went right into a tree when I didn't have any room and time to figure which way to turn the RC when it went haywire again. This has happened with both Quads.

2. LandYachtMedia

What you are describing is pretty common with learning to fly. Spatial orientation is a skill that has to be developed. Do you think that for some reason you misjudged the orientation of the craft? It is super easy to do on a quad where its symmetry masks its orientation.

If you suspect there is a real problem with control you need to fly in an open area specifically to test it. Fly patterns like boxes and figure 8s. Those are great practice for you as a pilot anyway. Also turns on a point are great to see if you have any control stability issues.