What was going on? GEO/NFZ issue..

Reaction score
So, I was one of the P3P refurb buyers, and took the aircraft out yesterday for the first time. I live in the DC NFZ, so things get hairy.

I live just inside the 15 mile NFZ, so I cannot fly at my house, but a short drives put me into a yellow zone (TFR#8326) and the larger "Enchanced warning zone."

The aircraft was on firmware version 1.5.80+. I went to 39.054672, -76.903888 and when trying to fly, it was prompting me to self authorize, which I did. I took the aircraft up a little bit, but when moving in any direction, it said I was in a NFZ and started landing. It almost landed in a wooded area :( . I tried a few more times, and got similar results. The interesting thing is that while the craft was landing, I still had some control, and if I hit the throttle up, it would fight against the landing. It is almost like two different processes were in play (A forced landing and me in control).

Later in the day, I went to 39.072680, -76.922730, which is in the warning zone. Before I headed out, I did the unlock on the website, and when trying to take off, it asked me to self authorize, and I did. But, after that, it just says "Cannont take off in a NFZ." Tried turning GEO off and still no dice.

I came home and update FW to 1.8.80. If there any hope in trying again? I had VERY similar problems with my P3S after the latest FW update, and DJI had me do a firmware downgrade, which had me in the air again. Both of the above areas were once again flyable after doing the advanced unlock.

Any insight from you veterans?

THanks!

Hmm I did have a situation a few days ago where I was flying in an area I have been many times in the past but not for a month or so.
I was only flying at a low altitude (15 metres) and within a couple of hundred metres distance as I was just testing out my POI, follow me and course lock modes.
But I kept on getting the GEO warning flashing up in the GO app, when I self authorised and confirmed it would just pop up again after a few seconds.
I've not had this happen before where it keeps reoccurring, although it did allow me to fly.
I'm just wondering if the GEO zone parameters have been shifted?
I'm in the UK.

So, don't know if anyone is following this thread or not, so here goes...

DJI got back to me and had me upgrade fw. They also had me put in an individual unlock request which was approved. The trouble with that is that it requires an iOS device :(

The whole nofly/geo system is a real **** show. I know many of you never have to deal with it, but the development and rollout of it is horrendous.

I haven't had an auto landing yet but where I fly I'm 3 miles outside of the 5 mile radius around an airport and the geofence keeps warning me that I'm in class c airspace. Not sure how accurate that geofence is

Yea the autolanding was very odd. It was like "ok you self authorized and you can take off!" but once the aircraft moved in any direction, it realized it was in an NFZ and said "oh crap you are in an NFZ, land!" (Even though I am not in a NFZ )

Reactions: Quest-So

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164