What is the best 8 inch tablet to use

I use Nvidia shield. Lots of RAM and processing power. Never had a problem with it.

Which Nvidia shield do you have and how is the brightness? I have a S 6s Edge Plus which is supposed to be one of the brightest @ about 700 and it's not too great especially on the beach....but if it was bigger???

Also the K1 shield HDMI loads the telemetry, the remote controll HDMI doesnt load telemetry to VR googles, and you can purchase cellular sim chip,

Last edited:
Which Nvidia shield do you have and how is the brightness? I have a S 6s Edge Plus which is supposed to be one of the brightest @ about 700 and it's not too great especially on the beach....but if it was bigger???
I have the K1.. is there another??? The brightness is fine, I usually fly at night so I can't really say it's brighter or dimmer than other devices. What I can say is: No crashes, No errors and No problems in the year I've used it.

I have the K1.. is there another??? The brightness is fine, I usually fly at night so I can't really say it's brighter or dimmer than other devices. What I can say is: No crashes, No errors and No problems in the year I've used it.
Are you on 5.0,6.0,7.0?

I've been using my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and having severe video feed blackouts. I just bought the K1 and immediately updated to 7.0, not knowing some people were having issues. Well, I went out to perform a job for DroneBase, and lo and behold, absolutely no issues. No video transmission problems, no app freezing or cashing, all buttery smooth! Even while having WiFi enabled and connected to my mobile hotspot from my phone. I'm extremely happy with this tablet. No, the screen brightness isn't great. Yes, the screen is reflective as heck. Even still, when you're working with a tablet-sized screen, I don't think those two things hinder my performance enough to justify criticism. I could still see the screen just fine on a sunny day.

Never ever had any problems using iPad.
In my opinion , Ipad tablet is the best to use.
Any one Agree?
Using iPad for 3 years now and never a problem.
B

Just posted a video of a great combo with a tablet and sunshade. The tablet has the highest brightness available for an Android tablet and the shade is compact, easy, solid, lightweight and a joy to use. Check it out here

I'm using the new ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 (9.7") with a Hoodman and it's awesome.
It's a 4:3 screen ratio Android with 2048x1536 resolution IPS display.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro with HwaYaoTek high gain dual band 2.4/5.8GHz directional and omni antennas.

Keep in mind for drone flying that screen resolution doesn't matter above 1080p your drone will not stream higher than that back to your device.

Screen brightness is critical as I've experimented with a handful of devices and landed up with the nexus 7 2013. For instance it has a screen brightness of 583 nits while the tablet listed above comes to 426.

Seems like one would have to choose between real estate and brightness.

I have both the Nexus 7 2013 and the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10. The Nexus now sits on the shelf. Of course, the Nexus has more candela per meter squared (nit) but it's really moot if the sun's nits are reflecting from the screen and into your eyes. I have to use a hood with both to make them useful in direct sunlight, thus making "real estate" more important to me. The 9.7 inch 4:3 screen ratio of the ZenPad makes it compatible with iPad 9.7 Pro and iPad Air 2 accessories for your P4P controller as well as matching their screen resolution. With it's 128GB capable storage capacity (it comes with 64GB), makes it $400 cheaper than the comparable iPad Pro and $200 less that the iPad Air 2.

Last edited:
I don't consider it a "Deep Pockets Choice", but after many failures with my hard-headed Android ways I finally wised up and went with an iPad and have had zero problems ever since. The iOS is just much more stable in my experience and maintains plenty of processor power.

I chose to go with the iPad Pro 9.7 only because I had other uses planned, but would have gone with the iPad Air2 because of the extra real estate over the iPad Mini4. Also the iPad Air2 & iPad Mini4 are the same price and currently the Air2 handles the applications without any heavy loads.

I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro Plus for one of our groups at work that wanted to go about it without the use of a tablet and wasn't fond of iPads and on the initial bench setup I had 6 screen crashes and 2 more during the first flight. Once the second one happened and once it landed I hovered out the battery power left and packed it all up to return. Total Junk! The screen was exceptionally bright though....when it worked! LoL

I have both the Nexus 7 2013 and the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10. The Nexus now sits on the shelf. Of course, the Nexus has more candela per meter squared (nit) but it's really moot if the sun's nits are reflecting from the screen and into your eyes. I have to use a hood with both to make them useful in direct sunlight, thus making "real estate" more important to me. The 9.7 inch 4:3 screen ratio of the ZenPad makes it compatible with iPad 9.7 Pro and iPad Air 2 accessories for your P4P controller as well as matching their screen resolution. With it's 128GB capable storage capacity (it comes with 64GB), makes it $400 cheaper than the comparable iPad Pro and $200 less that the iPad Air 2.
Screen shades are a must a feel, definitely use a anti glare screen protector as well...

The extra brightness definitely helps. Guess it's personal preference as there is a trade off in just about everything I feel like.

The best (defined as those with few or no reports of problems) Android tablets are probably the Nvidia Shield K1 or the Nexus 7 2013. I have no data but Samsung tablets seem to have the most problem reports.
Oh dont say that thats what im useing samsung 8"tabA ,,but looking into new device,,this been running my drones since end of 2015:eek: but has had its fair share of little faults i been lucky to sort out:)

Oh dont say that thats what im useing samsung 8"tabA ,,but looking into new device,,this been running my drones since end of 2015:eek: but has had its fair share of little faults i been lucky to sort out:)
My tab e will run sometimes I just have to restart the Rc to get it to work right. Sometimes once, sometimes a few times then it works for that session lol

My tab e will run sometimes I just have to restart the Rc to get it to work right. Sometimes once, sometimes a few times then it works for that session lol
Yip thats what my p34k does ,,takes a couple on offs to get me cam picture,about year old now ,in good condition but collecting dust,got sic of wifi issues so santa got me p4,:)

Wow! I'm glad I wasn't alone!

I had a double-pucker event on that first flight.

The first was when the P4P+ was quite a ways off and the screen crashed so it was over places that I no longer had control and it was heading home one way or the other!

The second was after it got much closer and was about to start landing and I didn't know whether to just get out of the way and let it try to land, continue to power up the transmitter and not touch the sticks, hit it with a Big Stick(haha) or just run like hell! LoL

I gained a little more respect for the system inside the Phantom but lost it all for their first attempt on a screen and Android OS.

It was an experience for sure..!

Just posted a video of a great combo with a tablet and sunshade. The tablet has the highest brightness available for an Android tablet and the shade is compact, easy, solid, lightweight and a joy to use. Check it out here
You created your own thread dedicated to this, so there's no need to spam your YouTube video/account in so many threads. I know you're probably just trying to be helpful, but you've got a dedicated thread, so there's no point in clogging up other threads.

Reactions: SRJ_Phantom_4_Pro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94