What is the best 8 inch tablet to use

Reaction score
I just bought a phantom4 pro, I have been using a 10'' LG tablet it keeps disconnecting, I want to buy a new 8'' tablet what is the best tablet to get ?

I have been super happy with my 9 in Ipad Air 2 for almost a year now. Flew with it with 2 P4's and now my P4P. No issues at all. Do have to use a Hoodman Sunscreen though.

From what i've been reading the IPAD tablet better than a android tablet
That's kind of what I have read as well. I've never been an Android guy so I would not know first hand. But I'm sure there are certain ones that are fine too.

I use Nvidia shield. Lots of RAM and processing power. Never had a problem with it.

If you're set on Android, the Nvidia K1 is hard to beat. If you're open to using Apple products, the Ipad Air 2 seems to be very popular.

I have both the iPad Mini 4 and the Nvidia Shield K1. I tend to use the iPad Mini 4 more often. Both are great tablets. Personally, the larger tabs iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7 are too big for my taste.

Reactions: Loz
I have used a Nexus 7 II for over 2 years and have no complaints. I've also heard that the Nvidia Shield is good, but I don't know if it's one of the devices that are certified by DJI as compatible.

If your current device is considered compatible by DJI, be aware that many people are having connection problems when recording in 4K, even with compatible devices, both Android and Apple. In other words, switching devices might not help.

For me, the solution to effectively recording in 4K without having disconnects involves using Litchi instead of DJI Go 4 to connect. There's no logical reason that this should solve the problem, but it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 805hd
iPads are not necessarily 'better' than Android devices, it's just that Apple hardware and software is both more consistent in design and more restricted against user modifications so it's a more 'known' environment. The Android world is more varied (some products equaling or bettering the Apple standard and others falling short), the result being that using Android products can require some advance research. There are a couple of known good Android platforms (such as the Nvidia Shield K1 or the Nexus 7 2013) and they work well, are less expensive, definitely more configurable, and sometimes are more fully featured than an iPad, but the Android world does require a little more knowledge on the part of the user than simply opening an iPad box and plugged it in. Which philosophy is preferable depends on the user, as it has always been between Apple and Android products.

In the end most of us are already involved with one (Apple or Android) ecosystem due to our phone choice so when buying a tablet it's probably easiest to stick with what you know. And if that is Android it's safer to stay with known quantities, so I'd pick from one of the more well-tested devices.

Reactions: Hendo
IPad mini 3 (or 4) is my choice and perfect in operation and size. I'd get greater than 16GB memory, gives you some head room for pics & video storage. BUT keep an eye out for emerging high brightness devices, all current tablets and Phones struggle in bright sunlight, but high brightness displays will command premium pricing.

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

Hi I'm also looking for a tab . preferably not apple. Most of the tabs on the list of verified tabs I can't find for sale. Should just try find one with a good processor and GPS , will any new tab be good enough thank

The best (defined as those with few or no reports of problems) Android tablets are probably the Nvidia Shield K1 or the Nexus 7 2013. I have no data but Samsung tablets seem to have the most problem reports.

Shield K1 as long at 7.0 is not installed, 6.0 works flawless. Nexus 7 II with 6.0 works great as well

The best (defined as those with few or no reports of problems) Android tablets are probably the Nvidia Shield K1 or the Nexus 7 2013. I have no data but Samsung tablets seem to have the most problem reports.
What about the DJI crystal sky units , 3 different models to choose from.

Shield K1 as long at 7.0 is not installed, 6.0 works flawless. Nexus 7 II with 6.0 works great as well

What sorts of problems are introduced with Nougat installed? I updated my K1 to Nougat and have made a handful of flights since without any glitches. I keep my tablet de-bloated and ensure DJI Go is the only app running, which probably contributes to my success (so far).

On my K1 the go 4 app just kept crashing, I only use this tablet to fly and don't use it for anything else. As soon as I went back to 6.0 it was rock solid.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4