what does the little satellite icon do

sheldrake said:
what does the little satellite icon do in the iphone app? its the icon located on top left of screen

lol..you might want to read your manual if you are asking this.

Log[GER] said:
And you people wonder if a flyaway happens

That's his next question..

It's in the manual, page 49.
I suggest you read the manual completely or you'll end up with a crashed Phantom pretty soon.

to the two users whgo opined with useless answers - there no need to be an *** hole. I have to say, this forum has more rude users than any forum i have ever been on. I asked a simple question. If you dont like the question then dont offer up a useless opinion.

That's his next question..[/quote]

I understand your feelings sheldrake but those of us that have been here for a while see these kinds of posts all the time. Newbee's come on here and ask questions that are easily answered by reading the manual.

sheldrake said:
to the two users whgo opined with useless answers - there no need to be an *** hole. I have to say, this forum has more rude users than any forum i have ever been on. I asked a simple question. If you dont like the question then dont offer up a useless opinion.

That's his next question..
[/quote]

wasnt being an *******. more like a savior of your 1300 dollar machine. go read the manual..and when you are done, read it again. if not, make sure to have them sticky your fly away thread.

sheldrake, please excuse people for sounding like assholes. Their point is that you really shouldn't be flying without some general concept of how the thing works and gps satellites have a great deal to do with your unit flying successfully or flying away. It's just such a basic yet complicated part of this machine that to ask a question like that really is akin to asking someone to take a little time out of their day and explain where babies come from. Again, read the manual or at least watch the you-tube videos and certainly read these forums. This is all such new technology that I literally learn something new everyday. Really though welcome and good luck!

Sheldrake, I'll throw you a bone. It tells you how many satellites your Phantom can see. Don't fly with less than 6. Be patient, it can take some time to aquire them. BTW, read the manual... this thing is dicey without knowing what you are doing.

Also, there is a little search box on the top of each page, at the top, on the right, just under the advertisement. Before you start a new topic, perhaps a search for "satellite" would help you (it would), and any other topic you might want to know about. There are over 13,000 posts in the P2V+ forum alone, the odds are your question has been asked and answered before. Search "checklist" while your at it.

Read my topic on the 13 things+ you need to do to prevent a flyaway too.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17055

It allows you to tilt the camera by tilting the phone. Older version had you holding the icon while tilting where newer versions latch the function.

Geo

Thank you for offering up the answer. To the obnoxious ones out there, I have had 15 flights without mishap. I am now switching to Naza. For some reason I did not pick up on page 49. And certainly since it only relates to camera angle, I dont think I put my + in any danger.
Also, to the obnoxious ones out there that are so bothered that instead of just ignoring my post, they choose to chime in like little nasty children who just cant keep their mouth shut, if you buy with an american Express card, you have full replacement coverage for 180 days.. So I really dont care if i crash it.

sheldrake said:
Thank you for offering up the answer. To the obnoxious ones out there, I have had 15 flights without mishap. I am now switching to Naza. For some reason I did not pick up on page 49. And certainly since it only relates to camera angle, I dont think I put my + in any danger.
Also, to the obnoxious ones out there that are so bothered that instead of just ignoring my post, they choose to chime in like little nasty children who just cant keep their mouth shut, if you buy with an american Express card, you have full replacement coverage for 180 days.. So I really dont care if i crash it.
Well I agree with their advise on reading and understanding the manual and...if I was American Express I wouldn't want you as a customer. You should care.

Geo

Geoelectro,
My intention is not to crash it. I did read the manual. I also had a friend who has been flying a vision for quite some time, spend an afternoon training me. People should gather the facts before they sling accusations. As for Amex, I run many of business expenses through amex. I own a production company and wanted to see if we could incorporate phantom into one of our films and avoid hiring an octo. With all the money we spend with Amex, i feel no remorse if it crashes and they pay for a new one. Do you feel remorse if you crash your car and your insurance company pays for it? I doubt it. Do you feel remorse if you crash your car because you were distracted and driver error caused the crashed and insurance covers your mistake? I doubt it. Just sayin......

I misunderstood you anyway, so some of my post wasn't helpful. You said top left, so it is phone controlled tilt angle. Huh. Good catch, Geo. I thought you meant satellite reception indicator (top right). If you felt the rest of my post was condescending (big word for nasty little child), sorry man. Just trying to save you some heartache and give good advice. You certainly are on a bit of a short fuse, though.

Dr Joe,
I appreciate your response. I dont think im on a short fuse at all. I really am just shocked at how people treat each other on this forum and its quite pathetic. I am a senior member on reduser.net where we are dealing with cameras that average over 50k , without even slapping a lens on the body, not something you can buy on amazon for 1200, and people never treat newbs like i have seen here. They actually take pleasure in sharing their knowledge regardless if the answer to the question is on page 49 of the manual. They treat each other with respect. no matter how "stupid" a question may be to others. The point of forums are to share knowledge with people who know more than you and people who know less than you not to berate them because they have not memorized the manual.

Top Left is, as I understand it, Gyroscope icon. You tap it to allow tilting your camera by tilting your phone.

The little satellite icon are on the top RIGHT. It should accompany by a number. This indicate the # of satellite your Phantom is seeing.

So... no number, it's a gyroscope icon. number, it's a satellite icon.

As for other's editorial comments. They actually do mean well and does not want you to lose your $1300 toy.

Flying with less then 6 satellite lock can cause many issues as bulk of the phantom's advanced capability (stationary hovering, return to home, stabilization routine, etc) depends on having good clean GPS signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl