what does the little satellite icon do

I always wondered how you got that tilt working, I also wondered what that icon was for, I missed that as well , there were so many words on every page and so little time just seeing the little quad sitting there and wanting me to fly-it-away.

Kinda funny all these people that jumped on you telling you to read the manual etc they don't even know their right from their left!! they wont come back an apologize though!

sheldrake said:
Dr Joe,
I appreciate your response. I dont think im on a short fuse at all. I really am just shocked at how people treat each other on this forum and its quite pathetic. I am a senior member on reduser.net where we are dealing with cameras that average over 50k , without even slapping a lens on the body, not something you can buy on amazon for 1200, and people never treat newbs like i have seen here. They actually take pleasure in sharing their knowledge regardless if the answer to the question is on page 49 of the manual. They treat each other with respect. no matter how "stupid" a question may be to others. The point of forums are to share knowledge with people who know more than you and people who know less than you not to berate them because they have not memorized the manual.

The regulars on here have become over sensitized to the "I tore open the box, charged the battery, took off and flew into a building and now my camera doesn't work" posts. As soon as someone even hints at flying without having read the manual it becomes open season. Having said that, this board has helped me a lot and I try to return the favor. While the responses to your question may lack tact, I like to think the intent was good. We just don't want anyone to crash their Phantom.

fcat said:
Kinda funny all these people that jumped on you telling you to read the manual etc they don't even know their right from their left!! they wont come back an apologize though!
Really get over it , you have 8 post ,

sheldrake said:
to the two users whgo opined with useless answers - there no need to be an *** hole. I have to say, this forum has more rude users than any forum i have ever been on. I asked a simple question. If you dont like the question then dont offer up a useless opinion.

That's his next question..
[/quote]

As much as I hate to say this I agree with you. I too am on many forums. But there are more that offer good advice than the Aholes who don't!! I joined to learn and share not to be criticized as I think many do..Jerry

sheldrake said:
Dr Joe,
I appreciate your response. I dont think im on a short fuse at all. I really am just shocked at how people treat each other on this forum and its quite pathetic. I am a senior member on reduser.net where we are dealing with cameras that average over 50k , without even slapping a lens on the body, not something you can buy on amazon for 1200, and people never treat newbs like i have seen here. They actually take pleasure in sharing their knowledge regardless if the answer to the question is on page 49 of the manual. They treat each other with respect. no matter how "stupid" a question may be to others. The point of forums are to share knowledge with people who know more than you and people who know less than you not to berate them because they have not memorized the manual.

Hear hear! I had a fly-away yesterday and was amazed how the trolls came out to chide. Some folks were helpful for sure but the bitches stick in my mind. The fly-away issue is real on some units and we Phantom Pilots need to stick together as a group to get this solved. What's the point of pointing fingers at the very people that have the most to loose. My issue was not carelessness, I'm over the top on safety and protocols according to my son. The machine was flawed in some way. It has never happened on my P2V or original Phantom. I fly Atti a fair amount and there was no controlling this thing.

Hear hear! I had a fly-away yesterday and was amazed how the trolls came out to chide. Some folks were helpful for sure but the bitches stick in my mind. The fly-away issue is real on some units and we Phantom Pilots need to stick together as a group to get this solved. What's the point of pointing fingers at the very people that have the most to loose. My issue was not carelessness, I'm over the top on safety and protocols according to my son. The machine was flawed in some way. It has never happened on my P2V or original Phantom. I fly Atti a fair amount and there was no controlling this thing.[/quote]

Im in exactly the same boat and can't believe the flack I got from some members when this happened to me!! Also some were sympathetic tho :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31