Weak RC Connection(no upgrade on firmware)

Reaction score
I've had the drone (Phantom 3 Standard) since November 2016, and it worked amazing until the other day. I took it out for a flight and the signal was weak 60 meters up and 30 meters out. I went to 50 meters out and the signal was lost and the drone went into return home mode. I could go easily 200+ meters before with no issues. I have not done the most recent firmware update so I do not think that is the issue as it worked before when I did not update it. I have re synced the controller and the drone, I am knowledgeable about the antenna for optimal performance, and it is an open clear area. If i rotate the drone it seems to get the weak signal when it faces a certain way if that help anyone with why it may not be performing as good as it used to. I'm looking for some help everyone.

Thanks!

I've had the drone (Phantom 3 Standard) since November 2016, and it worked amazing until the other day. I took it out for a flight and the signal was weak 60 meters up and 30 meters out. I went to 50 meters out and the signal was lost and the drone went into return home mode. I could go easily 200+ meters before with no issues. I have not done the most recent firmware update so I do not think that is the issue as it worked before when I did not update it. I have re synced the controller and the drone, I am knowledgeable about the antenna for optimal performance, and it is an open clear area. If i rotate the drone it seems to get the weak signal when it faces a certain way if that help anyone with why it may not be performing as good as it used to. I'm looking for some help everyone.

Thanks!
Just found this post, did you get anywhere with your problem?

Just found this post, did you get anywhere with your problem?

Hey Rod,

We updated the latest firmware and that seemed to help. However, the signal is still not as potent as it originally was. I find we need to aim the controlled strategically, whereas before we could just up and go. So we're okay with the fact that it got better, but nervous it might mess up again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl