Way better range with new update and firmware

Well I'm very disappointed in the flight distance using the ItElite got to 775 ft. and lost video signal have not had good results since I've installed it, so if anyone is looking to do this mod mine will be for sale, going to put the original antennas back on.
You may have installed it wrong, or you have a bad cable. Don't give up, that's a good antenna, assuming you are pointing it at the craft as it flies.

Could it be that I my have not got the cables connected to the proper port, and if so could that be the trouble are would it even work .

DBS ain't got nothing on me [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23]

7476d28ccb24fa94b5f45254117665ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

EyeCoM your pretty local, I work in bensenville. What tablet are you using ? I'm looking to upgrade my original iPad Air

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Could it be that I my have not got the cables connected to the proper port, and if so could that be the trouble are would it even work .
It's unlikely you'd mix up the cables because I think the cables would have to cross each other to do that. It is very possible one of those small connectors did not seat properly. You should check the connectors to see if they are loose. If you slightly tug at the connection you may find it's not snapped into place. If you find this to be the case, hot glue them to keep them on when you are sure they are connected. 750' distance seems very possible what someone might get with a slightly loose cable.

If it's video your losing at 750, it would be your right antenna (as you hold the RC in front of you) that would be the problem.

That is also almost a 400.00 tablet...ouch...I will try to live with my nexus 7 for a little while longer...already spent 2k+ on p4 and backpack..filters...batteries..etc
I was using samsung s4 mob at first, couldnt see a lot but it handled the app, bit the bullet and got the ipad mini 2 cellular (all i could afford) and flying the P4 is so much more enjoyable. :)

Thanks for the info...it hasnt got used that often in the past...so far...so good with the hdmi ports. I cant justify to my wife buying another tablet at this point...unless I want to be single. Was thinking of the nvidia device I hear people talking about. Anyway...just about to go a test this again using the Auto channel setting and keep it close to me....we will see. Thanks!
I use the Nvidia tablet and it has worked very well, never had any problems with it and it is cheap, I got it at Best Buy for 200.00

What device were you using to control your P4? Also, were you in a wide open area? The best range I'm getting is 1000 ft if im lucky
You must be in a city or dense woods around you, I am out in country and can get 5-6ooo with no problem stock, have flown out over 11000, had to come back because battery level.

Has anyone with the 32 channel hack ever put it on auto and watched the HD menu screen while flying and session which channels that it hops on. The next time I fly going to do this. Just to make sure.

Has anyone with the 32 channel hack ever put it on auto and watched the HD menu screen while flying and session which channels that it hops on. The next time I fly going to do this. Just to make sure.
The 32 ch hack won't use the extra channels in Auto mode. The hack is only useful to set a custom channel, and the consensus is the upper channels 29 through 32 channels are always the least busy. When you set a custom channel you can then set the transmission quality to 4mbps to maximize the range distance.

There is rumor that a future GO app version will remove the ability to implement the 32ch hack. It might come in the form of an RC firmware update. That's really disappointing.

Last edited:
My ipad 2 wont even open the DJI Go app
My iPad Mini 2 will run the GO app fine, however if the ambient temperature gets over 90*F the iPad will overhead and garble the video feed. Mini3 will be the same since it has the same CPU. The Mini4 is what you need to be happy, or the Ipad Air2 (larger screen). Both of these have a latest CPU architecture with IOS, which runs cooler.

You should try deleting the app on your Mini2 and reloading it.

EyeCoM your pretty local, I work in bensenville. What tablet are you using ? I'm looking to upgrade my original iPad Air

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm using an iPad pro 9.7.

I was just in Bensenville a hour ago for a friends engagement party =p

Reactions: 847guy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl