Way better range with new update and firmware

Reaction score
16,300 feet!

It was done at the same location as before where I'd get about 10,000 feet max.

Also, video transmissions issues are gone

Attachments

• 1464825405754.jpg
    1464825405754.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,260
Last edited:
Really? this is interesting, do you have the 32 channel mod enabled? or just standard no mod?

I have it enabled. But it's in auto mode
Just to be clear for the benefit of anyone who does not already know this, Automatic cannot use the channel hack. You must manually select a channel from the additional channels to get the benefit of the hack. Automatic only uses the original channels, even if the hack is installed.

Just to be clear for the benefit of anyone who does not already know this, Automatic cannot use the channel hack. You must manually select a channel from the additional channels to get the benefit of the hack. Automatic only uses the original channels, even if the hack is installed.
I read the same but could not confirm as do not have an equipment to test it.

16.3 feet!

Which versions you are talking about?

16.3 feet!

Which versions you are talking about?

I read the same but could not confirm as do not have an equipment to test it.
My information about the proper use of the channel hack came directly from bladestrike, who, at the time, was a DJI employee, who also used to frequent this forum, and he showed us how to properly use it. I trust his info. Makes sense, too. DJI doesn't support the channel hack, so their Automatic mode intentionally wasn't programmed to use all 32 channels. You therefore have to select from among the extra channels manually to benefit from the hack.

Last edited:
This is my understanding as well on the hack.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can someone explain this 32 channel hack and why it's good? The default is 16 or 20 isn't it? Why do we need those different channels, and for what reason are they "technically available" yet... unavailable officially?

Can someone explain this 32 channel hack and why it's good? The default is 16 or 20 isn't it? Why do we need those different channels, and for what reason are they "technically available" yet... unavailable officially?
The 32 channel hack allow you to use channels, that are slightly away from the bands with interference, so this allow you, to get more range, because you are mostly going to be alone on that channel :D...

OK, I give, where are the hack files?
There's sooo many post on it, just do a simple search, and then read the directions to enable it. (Where to put file, it's automatically enabled once put in right place)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

BTW, I had the 32 channel hack previously
WARNING!!!

I have the 32 channel hack....was waiting to upgrade my firmware until I learned more of what people were saying...AND I THOUGHT I LOST MY P4!! I upgraded tonight...batteries and all.

I HAD the channel 32 hack enabled using channel 31 and low and behold I got about 3000+ feet out and my tablet FROZE (Nexus 7)...then REBOOTED!! NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE!!

I tried to remain calm....activated RTH and kept contoller pointed in proper direction and waited for tablet to boot....NEVER did connect again after I started DJI Go app BUT i heard it above me finally and breathed a sigh of relief...thank God I had set all of the settings after they got returned to default and my RTH was high enough.

WTF!!! REALLY!! I am pissed....I had no issues BEFORE the upgrade and now this happens!!

Please....I have lost ALL faith now...could be because of the hack being used at the time. PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited:
WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!!
I have the 32 channel hack....was waiting to upgrade my firmware until I learned more of what people were saying...AND I THOUGHT I LOST MY P4!! I upgraded tonight...batteries and all.

I HAD the channel 32 hack enabled using channel 31 and low and behold I got about 3000+ feet out and my tablet FROZE (Nexus 7)...then REBOOTED!! NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE!!

I tried to remain calm....activated RTH and kept contoller pointed in proper direction and waited for tablet to boot....NEVER did connect again after I started DJI Go app BUT i heard it above me finally and breathed a sigh of relief...thank God I had set all of the settings after they got returned to default and my RTH was high enough.

WTF!!! REALLY!! I am pissed....I had no issues BEFORE the upgrade and now this happens!!

Please....I have lost ALL faith now...could be because of the hack being used at the time. PLEASE HELP!!
Dude. That's your tablets fault. You are way too over dramatic

Tested a new Phantom 4 with all the latest firmware updates for the Phantom & DJI Go app.

I'm happy to say it flew 11,000 feet before I turned back around and I don't remember the video dropping a single frame the whole time the signal was good which is so much better than the constant video dropping out and green blotches on the screen constantly with the previous updates.

I'm very happy with the performance of everything now.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4