Warnings on P3S

When you start a flight, the Home Point is automatically set to the AC location, using its GPS. But you can manually update the Hope Point at any time via DJI GO, to either the current AC position, or the current RC position. In the latter case, you do need a device with a GPS. What is not true about this?

Here below a screenshot I found with a quick Google search... might not be the latest DJI GO version but it shows you where the option is.

View attachment 80894
Yes I agree with your post. Looks like you edited your wording a bit in the post that I replied to and and I didn't catch that there was a clarification in wording. So now we're on the same page.

Last edited:
Reactions: 120CCPM
Ok, now that we got this sorted out, let's go back to the OP. It seems to me you had 2 unrelated problems.
The first is the "Strong Interference Detected" warnings, which are not uncommon. Some say that DJI GO for iOS is more prone to these, others say that things improved with the latest GO releases. In any case, many seem to suggest to simply ignore them. As for range, you got over 500m which is not bad considering you're in Scotland (CE mode). As always, best thing to do is to try in a different spot and see what results you get (warnings, range).

The second problem is RTH making the AC land "300m from the take off spot". You might want to upload the flight log to Airdata UAV (formerly Healthy Drones), there's plenty of smart people here that are very good at analyzing them. If the Home Point was really not set when you first took off, maybe the AC used the Home Point of a previous flight, which explains why it still landed in a good spot not far from you.There was a version of DJI GO on Android where the Home Point was incorrectly set, but since you're on iOS this does not apply. I would suggest to keep an eye on DJI GO on your next flights and make sure the Home Point gets properly set, then just rule this issue as a one-off.

51ed3bc08d9c521b82b9a8fc4e184eb6.jpg

This I how far I got before I bottled it, had probably near 100 warning on the way

I was using the DJI Go app, but normally use Litchi. I will try the Healthy drone data upload when I return home. I'm sure it's pilot error.
IMG_1492891741.405737.jpg

Was getting a battery temp warning tonight as well as the interference warning, but it was a bit cold on the coast. And I didn't risk a long flight as it was off the cliff.

Also black and white lines on parts of the video feed on the sky which was annoying

It is like the whole of the sky will be black & white stripes. I thought the exposure must be wrong at first.

You don't need the device to have gps in order to set home point with the bird OR the RC. I use an ipad air 2 without gps and never had an issue. What you need to make sure you do is cache the map in advance of where you're going to fly. It automatically knows your location and home point. It uses the birds gps. When you connect bird to the rc it knows its location and the bird. Never had issues

@albapaterson
"Also black and white lines on parts of the video feed on the sky which was annoying"
Just in the sky and not on the video?

"zebra stripes ? it's the exposure warning , turn off in GO APP"
Yep, Yep :D

Rod

Ok, now that we got this sorted out, let's go back to the OP. It seems to me you had 2 unrelated problems.
The first is the "Strong Interference Detected" warnings, which are not uncommon. Some say that DJI GO for iOS is more prone to these, others say that things improved with the latest GO releases. In any case, many seem to suggest to simply ignore them. As for range, you got over 500m which is not bad considering you're in Scotland (CE mode). As always, best thing to do is to try in a different spot and see what results you get (warnings, range).

The second problem is RTH making the AC land "300m from the take off spot". You might want to upload the flight log to Airdata UAV (formerly Healthy Drones), there's plenty of smart people here that are very good at analyzing them. If the Home Point was really not set when you first took off, maybe the AC used the Home Point of a previous flight, which explains why it still landed in a good spot not far from you.There was a version of DJI GO on Android where the Home Point was incorrectly set, but since you're on iOS this does not apply. I would suggest to keep an eye on DJI GO on your next flights and make sure the Home Point gets properly set, then just rule this issue as a one-off.

This pretty much answers all of your questions.

The warnings are software related and don't affect flight. Nobody knows why the standard gets them.

I'll try caching the map next time, I didn't have a good 3G or 4G signal on the coast so this would make sense. Thanks for explaining,

Ace, just turned the Over exposure warning off.

Thank you [emoji2][emoji2]

You don't need the device to have gps in order to set home point with the bird OR the RC. I use an ipad air 2 without gps and never had an issue. What you need to make sure you do is cache the map in advance of where you're going to fly. It automatically knows your location and home point. It uses the birds gps. When you connect bird to the rc it knows its location and the bird. Never had issues

Very confused and confusing post, on something that we already clarified. In any case:
- You do need a device with GPS to re-set the Home Point to the RC position; if your device does not have GPS, you can only re-set the Home Point to the current AC position, as the RC has no knowledge of where it is.
- Caching the maps has nothing to do with the way Home Point works or is set or re-set.
- Home Point at startup is set to the AC position, stored in the AC and communicated to DJI GO; the RC never "knows its location and the bird".

Late to the thread, I'd add it's always a good idea to take a screen capture on your flying app device of a problem or unknown message when it happens, for later verification of exact wording or showing others the 'problem' you may seek help from. For example the "zebra lines" may be exposure warning, but could also be signal interference.

This pretty much answers all of your questions.

The warnings are software related and don't affect flight. Nobody knows why the standard gets them.
The standard gets them because the Standard uses WiFi for video, and there is a ton of WiFi interference everywhere. When the P3S senses WiFi interference, it warns you. You can decide to ignore it, if you want, but it's an indication that you can lose the video feed.

The standard gets them because the Standard uses WiFi for video, and there is a ton of WiFi interference everywhere. When the P3S senses WiFi interference, it warns you. You can decide to ignore it, if you want, but it's an indication that you can lose the video feed.

We discussed this recently in another thread, but nobody responded: why are you (we) assuming that these messages are related to the 2.4Ghz band? Could they be also about 5.8Ghz interference? And if they are indeed related to Wi-Fi, are they raised when multiple networks are generically detected in the area, or specifically when there are other networks operating on the same channel the P3S is on? And is interference detected by the AC or RC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl