WARNING Strong Interference DJI response

I get the same warning every time I turn on the P3S and set it on my desk, which I do often to download recorded videos, or perform firmware uploads, etc. If I move the bird away from all the electronics on my desk, just a few feet away, the warning disappears.

I agree with the advice you were given by DJI. If you get the warning at all times, even out in the open, at multiple sites, then definitely send it in for repair because that isn't normal. If you only get it at one problem spot, it's probably just a local anomaly, and I wouldn't worry about it. Just fly somewhere else.

I have done a imu calibration last week, night before I flew, made no difference to me, but report back

Will do...

[QUOTE="Death Wish 1, post: 1112195, member: 82968"Can't fly today raining like hell.[/QUOTE]

Thunderstorm? That's what we are getting here in Ottawa. A good one too! And in February?!

[QUOTE="SkyHog, post: 1112232, member: 83926"I agree with the advice you were given by DJI. If you get the warning at all times, even out in the open, at multiple sites, then definitely send it in for repair because that isn't normal. [/QUOTE]

But it almost seems to have started suddenly, after the second last firmware update... hard to believe everyone is having the same hardware failure requiring repair at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

[QUOTE="jwmcgrath, post: 1112246, member: 82503
But it almost seems to have started suddenly, after the second last firmware update... hard to believe everyone is having the same hardware failure requiring repair at the same time!
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I can't explain it, but I've been through all the firmware updates and I've never seen a problem in any flying location, even in urban areas. But if the warning is always there, that seems like an issue to me. If it comes and goes with the environment, that would be another matter.

[QUOTE="jwmcgrath, post: 1112246, member: 82503

I don't know. I can't explain it, but I've been through all the firmware updates and I've never seen a problem in any flying location, even in urban areas. But if the warning is always there, that seems like an issue to me. If it comes and goes with the environment, that would be another matter.[/QUOTE]

It's winter here and crap weather so I do all my flying in the same nearby parking lot... same lot, same spot, same truck, same clothes... clean underwear.

Other than that, nothing has changed... except one week, right after a FW update, I was getting the non-stop errors. That's all I can think of that changed.

There was another update right after that and I installed it, and am not getting any errors at my kitchen table but haven't been out yet. Hoping to tomorrow.

Fingers crossed... because I would hate to have to send it in!!

I have as of this week began experiencing these very same symptoms.

I have on occasion got some interference before but not like has been occurring lately.

I live 4.5 miles from Lockheed martins f16 and electronic warfare center on the airbase with Naval air station Fort Worth

When planes fly over I loose all kinds of signal related things !

I have permission and turned over my private pilots license and am registered with the control tower through contacting the public liaison officer there.
So I don't need a rules lecture.

But I would like some help with this problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Was getting this message constantly in the middle of a 50 acre field...would not let me calibrate the compass because of interference. Put the P3S on top of a plastic tote and all the warnings went away!

I think the fact so many people are having the same message and again most of us all using ios devices says to me its software..

Reactions: Wally Gargett
Does anyone know what the interference is referring to. Interference with the controller to phantom. ?

Interference with the compass?

Maybe a controller calibration will help?? I'll have to try.

Does anyone know what the interference is referring to. Interference with the controller to phantom. ?

Interference with the compass?

Maybe a controller calibration will help?? I'll have to try.

They always talk about all the wifi in people's homes can interfere so I would assume it's Interference in the wifi - controller to craft?

Reactions: Dazzauk
They always talk about all the wifi in people's homes can interfere so I would assume it's Interference in the wifi - controller to craft?

So controller calibration is s possible help then.

Just youtubes video of how to do it. Now I might just be being silly but is it easy to do ?

It says move sticks through maximum range several times. But it doesn't look like it tells you when to stop? Also doesn't look like it includes the angles of the sticks. Just ups, downs, left and rights??

As promised, here's my update.

SOLVED. I can't say with certainty WHY though, but I flew for the duration of an entire battery today and never got a single warning.

This changed between this and the last flight:

Different location. I don't believe this was the issue because I started getting interference warnings in places that I had never gotten them before and shouldn't have been gotten them.

New iPad. This too shouldn't play any role, but it's new to me and deserves to be included in a list of what changed.

The two more likely solutions:

New FW. This was my first flight since updating to the super quick two minute FW update that came following the last one to 1.8.1.

IMU calibration. The interference warnings were so frequent (for me and everyone here) that I contacted DJI and was advised to perform one. This is the first flight since doing that.

I hope everyone else has good luck too. I will try to get to the spot I was having all the warnings as soon as I can and see what happens.

As promised, here's my update.

SOLVED. I can't say with certainty WHY though, but I flew for the duration of an entire battery today and never got a single warning.

This changed between this and the last flight:

Different location. I don't believe this was the issue because I started getting interference warnings in places that I had never gotten them before and shouldn't have been gotten them.

New iPad. This too shouldn't play any role, but it's new to me and deserves to be included in a list of what changed.

The two more likely solutions:

New FW. This was my first flight since updating to the super quick two minute FW update that came following the last one to 1.8.1.

IMU calibration. The interference warnings were so frequent (for me and everyone here) that I contacted DJI and was advised to perform one. This is the first flight since doing that.

I hope everyone else has good luck too. I will try to get to the spot I was having all the warnings as soon as I can and see what happens.

Is this new firmware for the bird? Not sure what I'm on but it was 3 weeks ago maybe I updated?

I'm still getting frequent warnings.

I'm thinking it's because you had your iPad tethered to iPhone maybe?

Is this new firmware for the bird? Not sure what I'm on but it was 3 weeks ago maybe I updated?

I'm still getting frequent warnings.

I'm thinking it's because you had your iPad tethered to iPhone maybe?

I don't "think" it's the iPad. I've done some extensive "living room" tests with both my phone and iPad and haven't had any interference warnings since the most recent FW update. Yes, that was 2-3 weeks ago.

There were two updates about a week apart. One was long, about a half hour. I was getting all the warnings after that. The next one was short and quick, maybe two minutes, a few days later. I haven't had any since then.

I believe I now have the latest, 1.8.1.

It makes me believe that was the fix but I just can't be 100% sure.

Warning is back. It went away for a few days and now it has returned. I didn't try the controller calibration again. You shouldn't have to do that every time you fly. Must be like some thought, a software issue. I will try an IMU calibration and see what happens with that. I don't understand why it went away for a while after the controller calibration. Weird!

Yes, I forgot about the IMU calibration. I did that too, on the advice of a DJI email.

I personally believe that it was either the FW update or the IMU calibration, but now I'm sorry to hear it's back for you Littlepig (not gonna lie, feels funny calling you that!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka