WARNING Strong Interference DJI response

Reaction score
I contacting DJI regarding the "Warning, Strong Interference Detected messages that keep coming up continuously. They want me to send the craft in for repair. They said if I tired flying in "many empty places" then I should have them examine it. Everything is working fine otherwise. I don't want the inconvenience of sending it in if they send it back saying nothing wrong! Seems like it must be a software issue. Are others still experiencing the same? Anyone contact DJI? Suggestions, comments?
Thanks

I contacting DJI regarding the "Warning, Strong Interference Detected messages that keep coming up continuously. They want me to send the craft in for repair. They said if I tired flying in "many empty places" then I should have them examine it. Everything is working fine otherwise. I don't want the inconvenience of sending it in if they send it back saying nothing wrong! Seems like it must be a software issue. Are others still experiencing the same? Anyone contact DJI? Suggestions, comments?
Thanks
I'm only 2 weeks in but get the message frequently when I launch from my backyard in a suburban area with lots of different signals floating around. The times that I have taken it to open airspace, no message.

Mine does the same, I think it's the sensitivity of the software.
I also fly in a built up area, but in terms of range I don't think I would get 2000ft even with the benefit of an ARGtek extender. Although this did improve on the stock range.
Also like others have said the latest update did adversely effect the range.
I remain amazed at how some get well over a mile away!

Reactions: Dragonfly2016
I suspect you have a PS3. Used to happen to mine all the time in wifi congested areas. Once I took mine up, the message disappeared. Sounds normal in the 'burbs'.

I still experience this also. Every time I fly.

Even in areas of just forest.

I used to get the same message ( P3S ) a couple of updates ago when taking off around my house & I have main distribution power lines & a Cell tower behind me . I installed the ARGtec from Blue Photon & don't get them at all now , same flying area , I haven't moved . Like has been said , the Burb's have all kinds of WiFi around .

Reactions: dazzer
Wonder why I get these messages in the forest then?

Just by way of observation, I've noticed that the DJIGO app (with my P3S) gives me a lot of interference notifications, but when I look at the signal data on HealthyDrones it indicates strong signals as well (of course) as showing the notifications. Also, comparing to Litchi, I did not get all sorts of interference notifications with Litchi flying the same area back to back with a DJIGO flight. No problems at all with control or video while the notifications are flowing.

It seems to me that the DJIGO app has a software routine that is "wound just a little too tight" and causes it to issue warnings that are not useful or meaningful to safe flight operation.

Just by way of observation, I've noticed that the DJIGO app (with my P3S) gives me a lot of interference notifications, but when I look at the signal data on HealthyDrones it indicates strong signals as well (of course) as showing the notifications. Also, comparing to Litchi, I did not get all sorts of interference notifications with Litchi flying the same area back to back with a DJIGO flight. No problems at all with control or video while the notifications are flowing.

It seems to me that the DJIGO app has a software routine that is "wound just a little too tight" and causes it to issue warnings that are not useful or meaningful to safe flight operation.

This was my chain of thought also. And I kinda wanted someone else to confirm it.
It's like DJI are just being over protective to maybe cover there own backsides in any and all eventualities

Also what I was thinking. If it's a software issue we are all dealing with than I don't need to worry about it being a problem specifically with my craft! That's what I was hoping to figure out.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Also what I was thinking. If it's a software issue we are all dealing with than I don't need to worry about it being a problem specifically with my craft! That's what I was hoping to figure out.

I guess another way of looking at it, if the interference gets too strong, wont the a/c just loose signal and return home :)

I also contacted DJI. I was told to do an IMU calibration, which I did. It haven't been out flying since... I plan on getting out this weekend.

I haven't had any warnings while in the kitchen though!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I too use LItchi, when i tried the new DJI GO i received a lot of interference messages. when I when back Litchi in the same are, I had no such issues.

Furthermore, With the updated version of DJIGO (android) I wasn't able to get near the distance i once was with the previous version and the interference was terrible. When I switched back to litchi, i had no range issues and no interference, my distance and feed was back to normal. DJIGO software needs an overhaul.

I was getting the same message, over and over. I did a controller calibration and the messages disappeared. I got them a lot more frequently after the last update. For whatever reason, the controller calibration seems to have worked.

I was getting the same message, over and over. I did a controller calibration and the messages disappeared. I got them a lot more frequently after the last update. For whatever reason, the controller calibration seems to have worked.

Will have to give that a try, although I don't know what calibrationg the RC would have anything to do with Strong Interference Warnings!
Will try anything.

Last edited:
I also contacted DJI. I was told to do an IMU calibration, which I did. It haven't been out flying since... I plan on getting out this weekend.

I haven't had any warnings while in the kitchen though!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have done a imu calibration last week, night before I flew, made no difference to me, but report back

Mine (P3S) did it last weekend during two flights (constant warnings) I was flying in the same area as I normally do (launch from my back yard and fly a circular pattern). The difference was that I was positioned in a different area (park 300m away) but flew the same pattern. I'll do the IMU update and test. Can't fly today raining like hell.

Reactions: Dazzauk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav