Warning for litchi users

IBattery had 3 bars. But still says 0%. Definitely some kind of problem. I just dropped the app. Battery's ruined. Only 2 weeks old
Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am quite curious how the battery can be measured at 0% - in theory you wouldnt be able to read it because it has no energy left to send the reading. Assuming the 3 bars is more accurate and you can power-up, what does it show in the DJI Go app when you tap on the battery icon so it shows the battery in detail - each cell voltage, charge cycles etc? Did you try recharching it, or leaving it on the drone and draining out the 3 bars? Most smart battery monitoring measures the usage and calculates the remaining usage.

It may be that it just needs to re-calibrate, DJI somewhere I recall mentioning every 30 or so charges to discharge down to 8% and re-charge to re-calibrate the usage.

It seems to me that most (if not all) mission stalls are when the drone gets to waypoint 1 - maybe suggest making waypoint 1 close to launch-site then if it stalls you can recover? I presume waypoint 1 is where Litchi flies the craft to then says 'over to you captain, Litchi over and out'

My observation from memory is that most posts mention P3/P3A - does it not occur on P4/P4P or Mavic?

I bought Litchi when it was on special but havent used it yet as the reason for purchase was the waypoint flights but am now too nervous till I see people reporting that it has a fix.
I always set wp 1 and last to right where I'm launching at and will be at with the rc, the mission in the vid it was on it's way to wp 2 when it switched itself to atti then GPS and sat up there hovering.

View attachment 70972 Litchi really annoyed me today. Started at 100% battery and time after time all I got was "mission failed to upload" FFS. It's done that mission so many times and when the battery got to 87% I gave up. Litchi is really shît now for way point missions

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Were all the mode changes you ot was litchi doing that?

It was litchi doing all them changes. Quite risky as it could be a fly away

That looks like what mine did, it did it once and I just took it out of f modd after it failed to continue so I brought the bird back, that's aloooot of mode changes , something is very odd with litchi now o_O

This is the newest response from litchi.

Hi,

Here is the response we received from DJI:

"After communicating with our colleague, for changing to the ATTI, the most possibility is the GPS is not high enough. The satellite number is just one aspect for describing the GPS signal. There is a DAT file which you could get them through the DJIGO. I suggest you to let the users provide the DAT file to us so we could get clearly what's going on with the aircraft."

K so either I'm a complete doofus (definitly possiblilty here lol) or this makes no sense, it sounds like dji wants some DAT file sent to them that's in the djigo app but the flight was in litchi, that was the whole issue we're trying to figure out is why litchi is randomly switching to atti mode, if the flight was in litchi, djigo isn't even installed on that device, how is dji wanting a DAT file from djigo? I'm more lost than b4 starting this thread lol :confused:

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hope this glitch you've run across gets worked out or at least identified as to what the cause is, maybe litchi or firmware bug maybe?
All I;ve been flying is Litchi, & never an issue other than a failure to load, which is an easy fix. As stated above, people, myself included, never post about how great something is working, only when things go South!
Will be keeping on eye on answers, if there are any,eh?

This is the newest response from litchi.

Hi,

Here is the response we received from DJI:

"After communicating with our colleague, for changing to the ATTI, the most possibility is the GPS is not high enough. The satellite number is just one aspect for describing the GPS signal. There is a DAT file which you could get them through the DJIGO. I suggest you to let the users provide the DAT file to us so we could get clearly what's going on with the aircraft."

K so either I'm a complete doofus (definitly possiblilty here lol) or this makes no sense, it sounds like dji wants some DAT file sent to them that's in the djigo app but the flight was in litchi, that was the whole issue we're trying to figure out is why litchi is randomly switching to atti mode, if the flight was in litchi, djigo isn't even installed on that device, how is dji wanting a DAT file from djigo? I'm more lost than b4 starting this thread lol :confused:
Lol and yet I dont get them errors on DJI go lol I fly with around 15-18 satellites so not sure how strong the cocaine is that they are using, but they need to cut down on it lol

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
Lol and yet I dont get them errors on DJI go lol I fly with around 15-18 satellites so not sure how strong the cocaine is that they are using, but they need to cut down on it lol

I've always had more satelittes with litchi than go, 2 or 3 more, I'm using the standard and in litchi 12-15 is what I always average, maybe they didn't pay attention to the video, or are just pissing down my back and saying it's raining (likely the latter lmao) but it can be seen clearly in the vid the satellite count never fluctuated by even one it stayed steady at 13. When you have experienced this glitch did you ever notice a fluctuation in satellite?

First off, no disrespect to the poster. If there's a glitch with Litchi then it's good to know and thanks for posting.

I'm in Canada and the rules here are more lax than the US when it comes to autonomous use so I love my Litchi. I had something a bit similar once but it was all my fault - not Litchi's. When I've used Litchi properly I've never had an issue.

I loaded the mission up then hit the "go" button, saw my little guy heading up and figured all was well. I ducked inside for a coffee.

5 min later I came back outside expecting my fellow would be about half way done his mission. I was surprised to see I was still getting solid video and even more surprised when I looked up and saw a little white spot floating at Waypoint 1.

When I reviewed my mission I saw that the speed at point 1 and 2 were somehow ZERO. I have absolutely no idea how that could be but my bad I guess. And sure enough the mission length was correct but the duration was crazy high. If I'd checked more carefully I would have seen it right away. So now I check my work much more carefully.

Now I trace the mission zoomed in all along the path and check all the waypoint speeds carefully. Yesterday that paid off big when I spotted a Helipad directly along my path! Mission aborted obviously.

yikes.jpg

I've always had more satelittes with litchi than go, 2 or 3 more, I'm using the standard and in litchi 12-15 is what I always average, maybe they didn't pay attention to the video, or are just pissing down my back and saying it's raining (likely the latter lmao) but it can be seen clearly in the vid the satellite count never fluctuated by even one it stayed steady at 13. When you have experienced this glitch did you ever notice a fluctuation in satellite?
Funny enough I never did notice the sat count but will do next time and let you know. Got my tracking device holder today but really foggy so won't be flying today

I feel like most users have more negative experiences with litchi than good. I know there are people here that will come out and tell you they never had a problem and they probably will once they read this post but it seems like most of the time people aren't coming out to praise it, they come out to complain of some glitch or something. I don't really think Litchi is ready for prime time, yeah it works but then it also gives you the scare of your life when things go wrong.

I think if you want to do long range just do the DBS mod and an amp At-least you'll have control of your bird.

I think Litchi is far past "ready for prime time", it's a great app and some would say better the Go. I use it mostly now, ever since DJI messed up Go for Android switching to Here maps instead of Google maps. And as for hearing more negative than positive on the forums, personal I've read much more good than bad posts on here and the DJI site. And it is human nature to complain about something that's bugging you as opposed to posting about having a uneventful day flying your drone.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
No I know what you are saying but i know people don't praise things on forums. But there are more against Litchi than for it, it seems. So no I didn't miss anything.
Yes you are missing his point. Your acknowledging that people tend to complain more than praise on forums. Than say "But there are more against Litchi than for it". So your not understanding his point and mine. If a product has a 80/20% favorable impression from the public, on the forums your going to see and read the complete opposite and get the impression it's 80/20% unfavorable.

View attachment 70972 Litchi really annoyed me today. Started at 100% battery and time after time all I got was "mission failed to upload" FFS. It's done that mission so many times and when the battery got to 87% I gave up. Litchi is really shît now for way point missions

Are you making sure the Go app is not in memory on your device when loading Litchi?

Last edited:
Yes you are missing his point. Your acknowledging that people tend to complain more than praise on forums. Than say "But there are more against Litchi than for it". So your not understanding his point and mine. If a product has a 80/20% favorable impression from the public, on the forums your going to see and read the complete opposite and get the impression it's 80/20% unfavorable.
Yes I do understand his point so you don't need to try to tell me I don't.. And as far as it being better than the go app LOL. Sure its got extra features but if its glitchy and the GO app isn't as glitchy then the GO app is IMO better. I've had glitchy experiences with Litchi but ZERO with the GO APP so in my experience its not as good. Give me a Flawless experience OR at-least give me a far less glitchy experience with Litchi then i'll say its better but for right now I don't think so.

Why would I put my faith in an app that sends my Phantom into RTH on its first waypoint mission when it was in signal range and full battery, Why would it make it go into ATTI mode on and off, why would it make my Phantom go and do rotations during waypoints. I've had good experiences with Litchi but the the last few instances I have not. If the go app can give me reliability, i'll take that over a glitchy experiences with litchi.

Well just to add a bit of balance, I have flown about 50 Litchi missions on my old P2V, and about 60 on myP4, I have used it on both android and now I use IOS. The only problems I have ever had is the very occasional "Failure to upload". I have full confidence in my P4 with Litchi
I resisted the IOS version for a while, as initially it was less well developed, but if anything it seems to run smoother on my Ipad mini 4, than the Nexus,probably there is more processing power in the Ipad.
I also fly Autopilot on missions, but I am much more cautious on this app, I trust the AP app, but do not trust myself (yet) with all the myriad of customisable options. AP used to abort a mission on signal loss and initiate RTH (Litchi does not), but you can now select AP to continue the mission on signal loss, albeit with some loss of functionality.
When I have enough flight hours on AP this will be my first choice app.

...why would it make my Phantom go and do rotations during waypoints. (?)
I had that happen during a flight out and around a pier at the beach. The flight path was counterclockwise and at each wp, the bird would rotate clockwise. Rather dizzying when watching the video. This only happened on the first half. On the return loop (basically retracing the path), the rotation was normal. When I checked my settings, I noticed I had accidentally changed the rotation direction from "managed" to "manual" and had the direction set to "clockwise", which explained it all. Don't know if that's what happened to you or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The Litchi app is the cause of my P4 crash. While doing a WP mission, although the avoidance system was enabled, the P4 hit a beam on a bridge. Fortunately, if crashed onto the bridge, not the river. Litchi, after something like a week, responded by saying that their app was not at fault. I beg to differ. But, how can I prove it?

I had that happen during a flight out and around a pier at the beach. The flight path was counterclockwise and at each wp, the bird would rotate clockwise. Rather dizzying when watching the video. This only happened on the first half. On the return loop (basically retracing the path), the rotation was normal. When I checked my settings, I noticed I had accidentally changed the rotation direction from "managed" to "manual" and had the direction set to "clockwise", which explained it all. Don't know if that's what happened to you or not but thought I'd throw it out there.
I never changed any settings in mine.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The Litchi app is the cause of my P4 crash. While doing a WP mission, although the avoidance system was enabled, the P4 hit a beam on a bridge. Fortunately, if crashed onto the bridge, not the river. Litchi, after something like a week, responded by saying that their app was not at fault. I beg to differ. But, how can I prove it?
Not sure why that would be the fault of any app, hitting a beam? If anything it sounds like a fault of the Phantoms avoidance system. And not even sure if that's the case because a beam is pretty slim, not sure if the avoidance system is that sensitive. Sounds more like a programming error setting up the flight plan.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3