Warning for litchi users

Reaction score
So I was flying a litchi waypoint mission today and litchi glitched out. Quad was on it's way to the first wp when suddenly litchi switched from navi mode to atti then quickly to GPS mode. The bird just sat there hovering but on-screen the status said it was still moving to next wp but speed was 0mph as it was just hovering in GPS mode. I hit the play icon again to see if it would continue mission but it headed back to first wp to start mission again so I just stopped it at that point. My warning is if this was to happen while signal was lost at a far wp then the bird will just be hovering there draining battery while you think it's continuing along with the mission as advertised. By the time you figure out it's been gone too long and not returning too much battery may be lost and you may lose your bird before you can fix the situation and bring bird back yourself. Just want to give all you litchi users a heads up to watch for this glitch I'd hate to hear of one of y'all losing your bird due to this problem with litchi. I've never had this happen before litchi is usually rock solid app but it makes me wonder now lol happy flying

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using PhantomPilots mobile app

HI GHostRdr Tat
We seem to have had similar problems when flying a mission with Litchi.
See my reply to you under my post a couple of posts before yours.

"Switching from way-point mission gps to atti mode"
Steve H

Fwiw, I played back a short flight in GO Flight Review and saw where it had 18-19 satellites, then suddenly dropped to 4 satellites, and then back up to 18 in another second. I was watching as to why my display shows altitudes jumping too low at times, but I also noticed the satellites I have a lock on waver too. Maybe the sampling rate in the GO or firmware is too touchy and if so, I could see it as not necessarily a Litchi fault.

Bizarre!

Fwiw, I played back a short flight in GO Flight Review and saw where it had 18-19 satellites, then suddenly dropped to 4 satellites, and then back up to 18 in another second. I was watching as to why my display shows altitudes jumping too low at times, but I also noticed the satellites I have a lock on waver too. Maybe the sampling rate in the GO or firmware is too touchy and if so, I could see it as not necessarily a Litchi fault.

Bizarre!
How can you view your flight in GO... thought you were flying on a Litchi mission. Did you have the GO ap open at the same time... Think this may be a possible problem eh? Each ap trying for control.

Yeah... I would like to see Litchi cache video to the tablet - this way if she crashes while away from home you can play back the cache and see exactly where she went down.

How can you view your flight in GO... thought you were flying on a Litchi mission. Did you have the GO ap open at the same time... Think this may be a possible problem eh? Each ap trying for control.

Yeah... I would like to see Litchi cache video to the tablet - this way if she crashes while away from home you can play back the cache and see exactly where she went down.

I reviewed in it Flight Academy or Review in GO. I was not using Litchi as I'm trying to find out why my altitude is not stable over distance on the screen where the drone is 30 feet up (Take off is zero.), and the GO screen shows -50 feet after 18 minutes of flight - and it bounces around a lot too. I suspect there is something askew with the GPS losing satellites for a brief instant even in GO. I don't trust the autonomous flight apps right now with my wavering of reported altitude (wrong!) verses actual bird's altitude.

Try a long flight in GO and keep it maybe 30-40 feet up and do a review of it in GO and see if it is dropping satellites in the upper screen, or drifting in altitude numbers both and showing it flying underground with some negative altitude. Mine does.

If Litchi is using the DJI SDK kit, which is also based on their GO app, then the SDK Litchi is using might also be at the mercy as is GO if it is faulty to begin with.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
But, don't you alternate between screens to check where you are?
I do all the time, just to check where I am on a waypoint mission,
I do too, my concern is if this was too happen when the bird is out at a waypoint that's pretty far and out of signal range. If it does this while out of signal range one may be waiting for the bird to finish mission and be on it's way back when in reality it's just out there near a far away waypoint and just hovering. I've ran many wp missions where I'd lose signal sometimes for a decent amount of time but it always finishes up mission and I set last wp near me so I'll regain signal, if it's out of signal range when what happened in the video happens it'll just sit up there hovering draining battery lol notice how after incident and it was just hovering the display said it was moving to next wp. Seems like a scary scenario to happen like it did in the vid but during a time in the mission where your in signal loss and believing the bird is still flying the mission

I reviewed in it Flight Academy or Review in GO. I was not using Litchi as I'm trying to find out why my altitude is not stable over distance on the screen where the drone is 30 feet up (Take off is zero.), and the GO screen shows -50 feet after 18 minutes of flight - and it bounces around a lot too. I suspect there is something askew with the GPS losing satellites for a brief instant even in GO. I don't trust the autonomous flight apps right now with my wavering of reported altitude (wrong!) verses actual bird's altitude.

Try a long flight in GO and keep it maybe 30-40 feet up and do a review of it in GO and see if it is dropping satellites in the upper screen, or drifting in altitude numbers both and showing it flying underground with some negative altitude. Mine does.

If Litchi is using the DJI SDK kit, which is also based on their GO app, then the SDK Litchi is using might also be at the mercy as is GO if it is faulty to begin with.
Thanks - will check this out today for sure... Did notice on my maiden flight of my new P4Pro that the return altitude did say -3ft didn't quite understand that - but going to put her through her paces this afternoon in a big open area :)

Yes I've had this problem as well, I don't think im going to use litchi again.
It would suck cuz litchi has some great features but you may be right :( I'm skeptical to use it for wp missions with any decent distance now, if I continue to use it for wp missions I think my days of flying wp missions with some decent distance are over. Have litchi just shut off the mission and leave the bird hovering on a far out wp isn't something I want to risk. At least till we get an answer to this issue from litchi that is. But I'm not gonna stop using litchi completely cuz fpv vr is just off the hook lol :D

It would suck cuz litchi has some great features but you may be right :( I'm skeptical to use it for wp missions with any decent distance now, if I continue to use it for wp missions I think my days of flying wp missions with some decent distance are over. Have litchi just shut off the mission and leave the bird hovering on a far out wp isn't something I want to risk. At least till we get an answer to this issue from litchi that is. But I'm not gonna stop using litchi completely cuz fpv vr is just off the hook lol :D
I've had other issues too, I just don't want my next issue to be a fly away, so I figure I better quit while im ahead.

I JUST got liltchi... this concerns me....

However there's a chance they'll patch the glitch by the time I get my bird back from DJI.. Bad motor...

I JUST got liltchi... this concerns me....

However there's a chance they'll patch the glitch by the time I get my bird back from DJI.. Bad motor...
Just becareful and hope for the best when you go on waypoint missions. I learned its hit and miss at-least for me. When it works, its awesome when it doesn't its scary.

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
Maybe run long distance missions from a car? ( I KNOW this is very much frowned upon and likey highly illegal in some countries ) but if it keeps you in touch in case something goes awry.....

I've done dozens of flights using Litchi in waypoint mode. I've had one glitch (and it was similar to this–it went to WP1 and hovered).

I always have me left trigger finger on the mode button and flip back-and-forth between the map and the camera view.

If need be, I'll cancel the mission and fly it home.

SB

I've done dozens of flights using Litchi in waypoint mode. I've had one glitch (and it was similar to this–it went to WP1 and hovered).

I always have me left trigger finger on the mode button and flip back-and-forth between the map and the camera view.

If need be, I'll cancel the mission and fly it home.

SB
That's all well and good if you are in signal range, but if you are out of signal range there is nothing you can do, short of jumping in your car and driving to where its at to regain signal.

That's all well and good if you are in signal range, but if you are out of signal range there is nothing you can do, short of jumping in your car and driving to where its at to regain signal.
Exactly, and notice in the vid the satellite count never dipped it stayed steady at 13 so it's not like it lost satellite count for a second and litchi just stopped and hovered because it was confused lol it just glitched out and went to atti then GPS mode for no reason and hovered while telling me on screen it was moving to next wp. If that happens at a far off wp out of signal range it's a good chance your going to lose your bird

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan