Waiting for FedEx to deliver P4P and iPad, Excited :), first drone

It does, but apart from a review of your flight at a fairly high level, not much detail to be had. Airdata provides a lot more information regarding other parameters of your flight. Free version limits you to 100 flights before you need to pay for an upgrade including additonal flight data.
ok thanks

Welcome to the addiction...there is a wealth of information to be had here and a pretty knowledgeable and sympathetic group when you have problems, issues or something bad happens to your bird.

Welcome to the addiction...there is a wealth of information to be had here and a pretty knowledgeable and sympathetic group when you have problems, issues or something bad happens to your bird.
Oh Great, so I just purchased the P4P and it looks like the new Phantom 5 will be out in less than a month. Now thinking about returning P4P for P5. I hate technology.

I hear ya...nature of the beast with Tech...haven't seen an official release date from DJI yet for the 5. But there is a good market for later model used drones, so you always have the option of selling your P4P and moving up to a 5, if you don't want to wait for the 5's release.

Reactions: LadyPilotWatchOut
Best advice is to always fly as if you were in the cockpit. Second tip is watch the many YouTube videos of complete idiots with drones, then don't do what they do...:rolleyes:

I'm so excited, I'm working from home today, waiting for my first drone. I decided to bite the whole bullet and get the Phantom 4 Pro and the iPad mini 4, because I will likely be using this set up for a while. I shot my whole 4 wad. Hope this all works out. Someday, I'd love to move up to an Inspire. My whole aspiration is to use for photographic purposes.

I will be reading all the helpful hints here for days, before I try to fly.
I Hope all is going well with your drone. I know I am already excited about my future one and I have not even bought one yet.
Happy Monday

A Phantom 5 rumored price $800 more than the Phantom 4 Pro...might be a hard sell unless it is truly phenomenal. I'm curious how DJI will market the 5...where do you begin pricing yourself out of the mainstream consumer market; at $2,200 plus cost of extra batteries, etc. you could be pushing $3K. This may be too much to bite off for your average hobbyist, whereas a commercial drone user may invest in a 5 but is also just as likely to lean towards the Inspire platform.

I'd be curious how many current drone users would opt to lay out up to $3K for a new drone and how many first time drone buyers would risk $3K for their first drone.

A Phantom 5 rumored price $800 more than the Phantom 4 Pro...might be a hard sell unless it is truly phenomenal. I'm curious how DJI will market the 5...where do you begin pricing yourself out of the mainstream consumer market; at $2,200 plus cost of extra batteries, etc. you could be pushing $3K. This may be too much to bite off for your average hobbyist, whereas a commercial drone user may invest in a 5 but is also just as likely to lean towards the Inspire platform.

I'd be curious how many current drone users would opt to lay out up to $3K for a new drone and how many first time drone buyers would risk $3K for their first drone.

I know that cost will keep me away.

And as you mentioned when you start adding up a couple more batteries, lenses, props, hubs, etc; You'r definitely going to be at that $3,000.00+ range.

Let's just hope these rumors are just that....:unamused:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing