Waiting for FedEx to deliver P4P and iPad, Excited :), first drone

Reaction score
I'm so excited, I'm working from home today, waiting for my first drone. I decided to bite the whole bullet and get the Phantom 4 Pro and the iPad mini 4, because I will likely be using this set up for a while. I shot my whole 4 wad. Hope this all works out. Someday, I'd love to move up to an Inspire. My whole aspiration is to use for photographic purposes.

I will be reading all the helpful hints here for days, before I try to fly.

Congratulations. You will love your P4P. Prepare yourself by reading user manual and dji videos. Fly only when you are ready. Go to an open field with no buildings, structures and trees around.

Best.

Does the antiglare matte screen protector cut down the screen brightness very much or is it insignificant considering what the antiglare does?

Does the antiglare matte screen protector cut down the screen brightness very much or is it insignificant considering what the antiglare does?

Here's the one I use and it really doesn't cut the brightness down much at all. And you won't notice it at all considering you'll want your iPad's brightness set to max while outside.

Apple iPad Mini 4 Matte Anti-Glare Screen Protector 2-Pack | Tech Armor

It isn't going to give you absolute perfect results as would those tunnel like hoods, but that protector along with a good sun shield can usually do the job.

FYI, That is actually a 3 pack of screen protectors.

And on a side note, you may want to look into purchasing Litchi.

Last edited:
So I received my P4P, but the iPad box arrived empty, can you believe there are thieves among the package couriers? So I still have my Galaxy 7, can I do initial set up with the phone then switch to the iPad?

So I received my P4P, but the iPad box arrived empty, can you believe there are thieves among the package couriers? So I still have my Galaxy 7, can I do initial set up with the phone then switch to the iPad?

Wow. That sucks! And yes I do believe there are thieves among package carriers. they're everywhere!!

As far as initial set up with the galaxy 7, I don't see any problem except I'm not sure if your flight logs will carry over to your Apple device.

I'd certainly use it for the time being.

When the iPad shows up just start from scratch...

Reactions: LadyPilotWatchOut
I got it registered and will put sticker on it someplace or inside batt compartment. But, the P4P came with a Phantom 4 multi charger and it will not charge the hi cap battery in the multi charger is that typical? I heard that you should not charge battery and remote at same time is that correct?

I got it registered and will put sticker on it someplace or inside batt compartment. But, the P4P came with a Phantom 4 multi charger and it will not charge the hi cap battery in the multi charger is that typical? I heard that you should not charge battery and remote at same time is that correct?

Concerning your charging hub, you do have the switch set to charge rather than storage correct?

And I too have read in past posts some saying that you should not charge batteries & remote at the same time. I've done it a few times (charging both) and never experienced any problems. However just to play it safe I now charge the remote separately. But if for some reason I needed to charge both together, I'd have no worries in doing so.

Forget reading the instructions and watching the videos. Just rip open the box and go out in the front yard and learn on the go!!!!!! max alt and max distance first try!!!!!!!

Ok that last post was completely meant to be comical. Read and watch. You'll learn so much. This site is amazing as well. Best of luck to you with your new toy and investment. Go slow and steady!

Ok that last post was completely meant to be comical. Read and watch. You'll learn so much. This site is amazing as well. Best of luck to you with your new toy and investment. Go slow and steady!
.Thanks Rich, I do appreciate the humor, as I start up my drone in my living room

Congrats and welcome! Great group of people here with a ton of knowledge. I totally agree with learning as much as possible before you fly, I luckily had all winter before I flew mine for the first time. As hard as it was not to take it out I'm glad I waited!

Doesn't DJI app keep a log?
It does, but apart from a review of your flight at a fairly high level, not much detail to be had. Airdata provides a lot more information regarding other parameters of your flight. Free version limits you to 100 flights before you need to pay for an upgrade including additonal flight data.

Reactions: LadyPilotWatchOut

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers