Vote hate or love the new layout

Still no aircraft forums in Tapatalk for me. The top forum is Gerneral Forums. I tryed logging in and out again but just the same. I only use tapatalk because I have so many forums to keep up with. After over 1300 posts I think ill have consider moving elswhere. Shame, dont want to move but if I cant access the aircraft forums there is not much point. I did pm jacob and he did reply but no fix yet. Ill give it a day or 2 more and see if it gets fixed....or is it just me and tapatalk.
You are completely right. I logged in on Tapatalk and saw the issue. I think the only way to fix the issue is going to be to make a custom app with tapatalk, although I am working on it. That would of course require you to open a new app to access our forum though. Would that solve it?

I can see a "mark forums read" link but it's at the root Forums level, which marks ALL forums read. Where is the "mark as read" in the sub forum level so I can mark just Discussions or Help as read?

You are completely right. I logged in on Tapatalk and saw the issue. I think the only way to fix the issue is going to be to make a custom app with tapatalk, although I am working on it. That would of course require you to open a new app to access our forum though. Would that solve it?
Not really, the whole sucess of tapatalk is for those who access multiple forums with one app on a non PC platform. Another app is not the answer. I think you will have a major backward step if this cannot be accessed defacto. If your structure does not allow it to accessed by tapatalk then I would qustion if the structure of the forums right.

I have to come down on the side of the old forum. Simple...it worked. Its not about aesthetics for me, its just I cannot access the lifeblood of this forum so I cannot contribute. Sad when progress causes a backward step. Still hopeful though.

I can see a "mark forums read" link but it's at the root Forums level, which marks ALL forums read. Where is the "mark as read" in the sub forum level so I can mark just Discussions or Help as read?
Click a forum and theres a link towards the top to mark the specific forum read.

The entire new layout sucks, especially on a mobile device.

Click a forum and theres a link towards the top to mark the specific forum read.
I don't see one. Click the P2V+ link on the menu bar at the top, tell me where to you see the mark as read link, please.

We are all creatures of habit. Resisting change is a habit.

I'd like to see a setup option added to personal profile settings:
  • sort a threads message/replies by Newest to Oldest.

Bring back "view your posts" how it used to be please? I can live with the rest.

And if you make an app that be great! Id pay for it.

I don't see one. Click the P2V+ link on the menu bar at the top, tell me where to you see the mark as read link, please.
I had trouble with this also but figured it out. While in the P2V+ forum, look at the drop down menu under Forums and you'll see the option to mark forums as read. When you click on that, you will have the option to mark as read only the P2V+ forum or all forums.

Reactions: Jacob and bbfpv
Ha Ha my Irish buddy :) Ya not going anywhere cause then ya would miss me !! It'll all be good at some point .
The Tapatalk thing is strange and I still not sure how it works but I got it because of You speaking of it . Thank You for that !! I think of you everytime it wakes me up at 3 AM o_O Ya got to many folks here ya like anyway like me or I would have been gone after Geert dropped my 1900 post and I had to start all over with my adventures and other stuff ;)
As far as the Tapatalk thing I really don't have but this site on it and just checked mine when I saw you here and took a screenshot and this is what I saw.
IMG_3139.PNG

Dang that turned out big and me gonna have to work on that .:confused:
Hope all's goning good with the project we spoke about and wish ya the best :)

Edit/ Strange Irishsights as I posted this right under you and now see others before me :confused:
Maybe cause picture had to load .

Last edited:
Again, we can't go back to the old site because it wont support our membership. This means that we HAVE to have a new forum software. Now, please convince me that you guys could agree on...well...anything, but specifically a new forum software.

Perhaps it's better to adjust to the new forums, and let up on the bitching?

Again, we can't go back to the old site because it wont support our membership. This means that we HAVE to have a new forum software. Now, please convince me that you guys could agree on...well...anything, but specifically a new forum software.

Perhaps it's better to adjust to the new forums, and let up on the bitching?
blank stare 1.png
ya think ;) +1

Edit / Hey carl....just looked at my Tapatalk and you there and your head is a rocking :confused:

Reactions: CarlJ
Nope. It's not.
That doesn't show which posts have new content.
Nor does the option for "Your Posts" and "Your Threads" that you get to by clicking the magnifying glass and then the drop down menu arrow in the bottom corner of the dialogue box.
There IS NO OPTION that seems to show which of your posts have new content. And I've searched pretty thoroughly. Given that that was my default opening page, I very much miss it.

OK, you want this. As far as the unread post look for a blue dot next to it to signify it is new and find them at the main page, at the top under " Watched Threads". See the photo -

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 10.59.42 AM☀️.png

Still no aircraft forums in Tapatalk for me. The top forum is Gerneral Forums. I tryed logging in and out again but just the same. I only use tapatalk because I have so many forums to keep up with. After over 1300 posts I think ill have consider moving elswhere. Shame, dont want to move but if I cant access the aircraft forums there is not much point. I did pm jacob and he did reply but no fix yet. Ill give it a day or 2 more and see if it gets fixed....or is it just me and tapatalk.
I personally can not stand TT as it UI is very difficult and not user friendly. If you want an easy way to see the entire forum as it should look with all it's features make a shortcut and put it on your iDevice where it is easy to access. This example shows the weather site but it works the same way for any site.

IMG_0438.jpg

Reactions: Jacob
I personally can not stand TT as it UI is very difficult and not user friendly. If you want an easy way to see the entire forum as it should look with all it's features make a shortcut and put it on your iDevice where it is easy to access. This example shows the weather site but it works the same way for any site.

View attachment 16297
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, it is a love or hate thing, but as you are responding to my post i find it down right patronising coming from a mod. I don't give a hoot if you don't like TT.

Every other forum works that is connected into my TT except PP. Fact.

Even Inspirepilots works which I believe runs on the same software. It seems to be your structure that has upset it. Your head is so buried you cannot see that.

The look in browser looks well however, but migrating users to a new platform takes a bit more planning than went into this.

Still hoping it comes right.

David

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, it is a love or hate thing, but as you are responding to my post i find it down right patronising coming from a mod. I don't give a hoot if you don't like TT.

Every other forum works that is connected into my TT except PP. Fact.

Even Inspirepilots works which I believe runs on the same software. It seems to be your structure that has upset it. Your head is so buried you cannot see that.

The look in browser looks well however, but migrating users to a new platform takes a bit more planning than went into this.

Still hoping it comes right.

David
I am not sure why your reply is so hostile. I was in no way patronizing you. I said 'personaly I can't stand it." That is my opinion, nothing more. I have tried to use TT several times over the years but I just can't get used to it. If you love it I am glad it works for you. I was only trying to offer a possible solution to you.

As far as the site, I don't design or change it, I only moderate it, so you will need to direct those questions/comments towards Jacob as he would be the appropriate person to handle that. There are growing pains happening here and the powers that be seem to be tracking down and fixing issues at a fast rate. If the Inspire forum works properly then it is only a matter of time until this one is sorted out.

Jacob, I am very pleased you are taking the initiative to improve the site. It's welcome despite much of the grumblings.

Some thoughts on the forum hierarchy:
  • I don't think "Help" and "Mods" sub-forums are necessary under each model. Much of what gets posted in the main model forum relates to help and modification and leaves them superfluous IMHO.
  • Zenmuse 2D/3D gimbals, Lightbridge, Ground Station are not just for the P2 and really shouldn't hang off of the P2 sub-forum. They should be at the same level as FPV.
  • Can we add boxes to the main directory for the model specific forums (e.g. P2, P2V, P2V+, etc.)? It would duplicate the banner navigation but makes it easier for scatter-brained people such as myself to have one comprehensive hierarchical directory in which to navigate.
Unrelated to navigation, we need to work on the stickies. There should be an index sticky in primary forums with links to stickied topics. There are some great threads on this forum that are buried and need to be pulled out into stickies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT