Voltage Alarm

Reaction score
Ok, I got a volt alarm. Where the hell do you put it on a Phantom. No room in the inn.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i took a razor knife and cut a small hole in the battery door, just big enough for the balance wires to come out and let me close the door. then i put some Velcro on the out side of the battery door and mount it there. i can shot a picture of it tonight when i get home if you want to see.

I understand that the voltage alarm can be set to go off at a specific voltage. If this is correct, how do you make the adjustment?

brad90631 said:
i took a razor knife and cut a small hole in the battery door, just big enough for the balance wires to come out and let me close the door. then i put some Velcro on the out side of the battery door and mount it there. i can shot a picture of it tonight when i get home if you want to see.
Thank you. That would be great.

E

GearLoose said:
I understand that the voltage alarm can be set to go off at a specific voltage. If this is correct, how do you make the adjustment?

You connect a battery and by pressing a mini switch in front of buzzer you switch from Off to 4.0 v the alarm level in 0.1 v steps.

GearLoose said:

You are correct. Plug it into a lipo. There is a button that you can push to change the volt warning. Comes preset at 3.33, I think, per cell. I set mine a 3.70.

Works great, just hard to install. No room on the inside. The alarm is very loud.
Will work great for batteries that are not on the inside of the machine like a S800 or 450/550 type unit.

E

I installed my low voltage alarm on the outside of the shell beside my video transmitter. The Phantom low voltage red lights come on before the alarm is triggered. I have the alarm so that if the Phantom flies-away I will have a chance of finding it by listening for the alarm as the battery dies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl