Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Wow ocatcr - things are sure shaping up. :D
Data between the video captured from the DJI Vision app and logged file in Dashware are now pretty consistent.
On the Nexus 7 v2 I have between 4 to 5 logs a second!

Things that I am still missing:
In the CSV file there should be a column indicating Max speed - Not the max speed from the total logged time, that can be calculated in Dashware and is the same value throughout but the maximum speed from the start of log to current time played.
Same for average speed.
Could you have this added in the CSV file?
Flytrex seems to have this in theirs.

Altitude: The difference in altitude is logged basis take off altitude but take off altitude logged is always = 0.
The actual altitude is not recorded. I take off at 500m above sea level.
Is the data not available in the raw file? Could you add this in the csv?

Actual time: In the CSV only the time in Millisconds from start of log available. Would it be possible to include the actual time as well?

Finally, the raw file is roughly twice as large as the csv file. What other data is there that account for the size difference?

Luap said:
In the CSV file there should be a column indicating Max speed - Not the max speed from the total logged time, that can be calculated in Dashware and is the same value throughout but the maximum speed from the start of log to current time played.
Same for average speed.

Dedicated my morning to doing some logging and putting together a Dashware video with the Utility Pro logger file... looks like everything is working very well indeed... battery... sat count... pitch... roll... and yaw are all trackable and looks like everything is syncing up real nice...

I wanted to include the column headings from a flytrex csv file and see if a couple other things can be included in the Utility Pro csv file as luap suggested above...

Flytrex columns are as follows...

latitude,
longitude,
altitude(feet),
ascent(feet),
speed(mph),
distance(feet),
max_altitude(feet),
max_ascent(feet),
max_speed(mph),
max_distance(feet),
time(millisecond),
datetime(utc),
datetime(local),
satellites,
pressure(Pa),
temperature(F)

I'm wondering if "pressure" and "temperature" would be available?... I like all the little details I can get in my data if possible sir... Thank you for all the hard work... This is really getting locked in and running sweet :ugeek:

Luap said:
Same for average speed.
+1

Much more useful for gauges.

Please keep on keep on asking ocatcr to add the data and columns. I have asked many times the same stuff you guys are asking for. I have also put in countless hours with the dashware stuff as a result of not having the mentioned data.

I believe what I experience with ocatcr is that I will ask or point out 5 things that need addressed. He will respond, take care of one issue, and the rest never get brought up. So...keep asking those questions and request.

Btw, not sure about anyone else, but something has changed when trying to use dashware with the last update. If there indeed was another update that came out today, then maybe that has something to do with it because I'm working with a flight from yesterday. Like I currently don't have any map data appearing on gauges. They actually have text showing up in the gauges that say "No Data".

npalen said:
How to convert a RAW file to CSV? Thanks

Search the internet for software.

Got to test mine for the first time finally today... for one reason or another every time I have tried to do this in the last month it hasn't worked out... either the weather is bad or something exciting happens out at the flats and I forget to turn the **** logging on...

But anyway... **** this thing is working smooth now... data is all good and all there without any drops or missing lines... stayed synced up all the way to the end of the video... I just remapped one of the basic data bars to conform to the Utility Pro columns and made a quick test video tonight...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U86n9Jq8WI[/youtube]

I hope to see more columns of data in the future but that's just nit picking ... speed, altitude, distance, battery, and sat count are my main focus when I want to analyze a long flight after coming home from the flats... and this is working just dandy sir... we'll done!!!

flyNfrank said:
npalen said:

Search the internet for software.

It's a feature in the app now... After you go home you realize you didn't turn the logger off (which you need to do to end the log and export to .csv and .kml) ... so you leave the raw file where it is in the utility folder... Open the utility app... hit the menu button at the top right of the screen and select "export all" ... This does the same thing you forgot to do at the end of the flight and exports the .csv and .kml files to the same folder.

Big Chuck, did you make that gauge? My problem has been with the map, mostly the vertical data not appearing.

flyNfrank said:
Big Chuck, did you make that gauge? My problem has been with the map, mostly the vertical data not appearing.

I edited that gauge from one that is already available in the Dashware program...

When you say ... "the map" ... What map? The "map gauge" is only two dimensional so I'm not following...

The gauges that show a small round dot that follows a line. My data doesn't even appear in the part for the sync map in dashware now.

Ok I gotcha... yeah that's a weird one... that was one of the gauges I messed around with today... The map with the yellow line and also the blue... and they both worked fine... I was trying to make the red dot appear as an actual Phantom flying along the GPS track (I got that by the way) but then I didn't add that gauge to the video because I was only flying in a straight line this morning so it was kind of a boring gauge...

I was confused by your previous comment where you said data missing "mostly vertical data" ... The map gauge points to latitude and longitude for it's targets ... What vertical data did you mean?

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

DBS said:
Have you tried rebooting the Asus before plugging into the computer?

Had a similar problem to what you described with another android app... but if i rebooted before plugging into the computer they would all be there.
(That was also an Asus with my problem... Asus Nexus 7 2012)
Thanks DBS. Rebooting worked! Wierd :roll:
...Len

DBS said:
Ok I gotcha... yeah that's a weird one... that was one of the gauges I messed around with today... The map with the yellow line and also the blue... and they both worked fine... I was trying to make the red dot appear as an actual Phantom flying along the GPS track (I got that by the way) but then I didn't add that gauge to the video because I was only flying in a straight line this morning so it was kind of a boring gauge...

I was confused by your previous comment where you said data missing "mostly vertical data" ... The map gauge points to latitude and longitude for it's targets ... What vertical data did you mean?

Well, the map gauge as I call it has never worked correctly. I can go fly 100% straight up and straight down, and the map would look like a birds nest. I worked on it some and finally got the horizontal part working great, but soon as I would climb vertically the line would go crazy. We both tried emailing dashware support but they never responded back.

flyNfrank said:
DBS said:

Well, the map gauge as I call it has never worked correctly. I can go fly 100% straight up and straight down, and the map would look like a birds nest. I worked on it some and finally got the horizontal part working great, but soon as I would climb vertically the line would go crazy. We both tried emailing dashware support but they never responded back.

Did you try to plot it in google earth with using the kml output and then post the result here.

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

tsurt said:
DBS said:
Have you tried rebooting the Asus before plugging into the computer?

Had a similar problem to what you described with another android app... but if i rebooted before plugging into the computer they would all be there.
(That was also an Asus with my problem... Asus Nexus 7 2012)
Thanks DBS. Rebooting worked! Wierd :roll:
...Len

it was a known MTP Media Transfer Protocol bug on some of android device including nexus 7. If you have problem on MTP file listing, if possible, please use USB Mass storage mode instead. Any feedback is welcome.

npalen said:

you could click on the menu button on your phone and then press "Export All" that exports all the .raw file located in VisionPlusUtility / VisionUtility directory to different data format (eg. kml, csv,...).

Luap said:
Same for average speed.

Could we know why the maximum / average speed are computed in this way?

Luap said:
Altitude: The difference in altitude is logged basis take off altitude but take off altitude logged is always = 0.
The actual altitude is not recorded. I take off at 500m above sea level.
Is the data not available in the raw file? Could you add this in the csv?

The real altitude is not available from the telemetry data. Now the Altitude value is same as the one shown in DJI Vision app. ascent(feet) value is defined as (current Altitude - takeoff Altitude). We heard that one uses google earth to have the altitude of where phantom takeoff and then compute the real altitude via Excel. Any other suggestion?

Luap said:
Actual time: In the CSV only the time in Millisconds from start of log available. Would it be possible to include the actual time as well?
We will add it to our TODO List. Thanks for your suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94