Vision+ Death Fall?

Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new and tried to find my issue on the first couple pages of the help pages, but couldn't find my scenario. Looking for some help, got my Vision+ less than a month ago, it's had about a dozen successful flights, zero crashes. I took it out to seafair yesterday in open water and flew on a first set of batteries perfectly fine. Exchanged batteries and did the whole set up again (e.g., turn off/on everything, rotate for gps lock) and flew it for about 30 seconds until it suddenly just stopped and dropped about 200ft in the air and not that far from me. Luckily it recovered right before it hit the water (wow my heart dropped) and I proceeded to ascend and then it happens again! Luckily recovering again, freaking out I landed the phantom back onto the boat and called it a day. Now does anyone know what happened? How I can prevent it from happening again. I've updated the phantom and controller day one and never had an issue until then (at the worse possible time too). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksW8-x_ITeY[/youtube]

Looks like a temporary power loss, enough to take power out of the gimbal motors and props, but not stop the camera recording. Most odd. Plus into the Assistant and have a look at the battery stats - are all those cells in balance?

On a side note, probably not a good idea to calibrate the compass on a small (or even large) boat surrounded by lots of metal bits - nothing to do with your fault above, but could potentially cause you other issues.

I just shipped mine off to Amazon for an exchange since they weren't sure what was wrong with it and offered to exchange just in case as my 30-day return/exchange window was closing. So you believe it was a battery issue? I didn't think about hooking it back up to my PC to take a look at the battery stats. I'll be sure to do that when I get the new one since I bought a spare battery (not sure which was the bad one).

Noted on the boat recommendation. I flew for about 20mins prior to the drop on another battery perfectly fine, it was when I exchanged batteries and re calibrated that the dropped happened.

That does look like some thing power related intermittently stopped. But the battey its self must of still been sending power being the camera didn't shut off. Which would of had me saying to open up the shell and examine all the wires and solder joints. and if not the spot were the main wires from the battery connector to the board it could of been the wiring to one of the motors. But so hard to tell from the video exactly what even happened. I notice it does seem to start to tilt when what ever the heck that was seems to be happen in that vid.

But wow that is not the best time and place for it to decide to do what ever that was. luckily you got it back with out it taking a swim. So you still got it to send back for the replacement.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl