Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

It's true. This is same zipped file, straight from camera (StevenQX latest to date released firmware, settings: 1080p30, ND3 filter, ISO: Auto, WB: Auto, Metering: Average, Sharpening: Standard):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4gicsl73hdbhlb/DJI00172.MP4.zip?dl=0

P.S. link expire after 30 days.
Oh finally. That's the way it should look! [emoji106]

2 days ago i tested also the fast movement 0-90, 90-0 with the gimbal and the difference from stock to my modded fw is huge

Hrm. I see I guess you could attempt it that way to change the bitrate, but wouldn't by simply launching the app, it would connect and select the default recording rate? The only way I forsee that working is you don't connect the app and you press the hardware button to record. If you press record in the app, it should send a command to record in the bitrate/fps that is selected.

See here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-119391-1-1.html

They edited the autoexec.ash to
writeb 0xC0697626 0x11

Where those hex values correspond to a resolution setting.

Another setting is to change JPEG from 95 quality to 100
t cal -jqlt 100

Steve, what is the hex value for 1080p60fps?

I didn't read well your question

Hex value for 1920 * 1080 is 8007 3804

You will find some instances in the firmware...

Last edited:
It's true. This is same zipped file, straight from camera (StevenQX latest to date released firmware, settings: 1080p30, ND3 filter, ISO: Auto, WB: Auto, Metering: Average, Sharpening: Standard):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4gicsl73hdbhlb/DJI00172.MP4.zip?dl=0

P.S. link expire after 30 days.
I saw a pretty good difference in the YouTube video but the actual video file looks way better IMO. Everything just looks crisper and sharper. It looks less like an up converted 720p and more like true 1080p. I will try it out later today if I can find time, maybe try doing a comparison video.

I've done a side by side comparison of this firmware in comparison to the old one. Different time of day, and only after-the-fact I noticed a different angle. But oh well, close enough. I did get a Card Slow Write Speed error on the video feed when I first hit record (on a UHS-1 card), but second time I hit record it had no problem.

To be honest it's very hard to tell the difference in my opinion BUT there is some kind of difficult to explain overall improvement- which makes this firmware a worthy upgrade for EVERYONE. I rendered this in Premiere in VBR (2-pass) with a target bit rate of 25mbps, max 40mbps...so it was re-rendered, but should be minimal loss of detail.

I will post the file once it's done uploading.

I've done a side by side comparison of this firmware in comparison to the old one. Different time of day, and only after-the-fact I noticed a different angle. But oh well, close enough. I did get a Card Slow Write Speed error on the video feed when I first hit record (on a UHS-1 card), but second time I hit record it had no problem.

To be honest it's very hard to tell the difference in my opinion BUT there is some kind of difficult to explain overall improvement- which makes this firmware a worthy upgrade for EVERYONE. I rendered this in Premiere in VBR (2-pass) with a target bit rate of 25mbps, max 40mbps...so it was re-rendered, but should be minimal loss of detail.

I made a side by side video and was gonna post it to YouTube but the differences were little and would have been lost in the compression of YouTube. I can see a difference though with the new firmware. I think it definitely looks sharper and less like an up convert. I might be crazy but I was filming some stuff close to dark and it seemed to handle the lower light better too. Like I said its not a huge difference but its definitely worth the upgrade IMO.

I made a side by side video and was gonna post it to YouTube but the differences were little and would have been lost in the compression of YouTube. I can see a difference though with the new firmware. I think it definitely looks sharper and less like an up convert. I might be crazy but I was filming some stuff close to dark and it seemed to handle the lower light better too. Like I said its not a huge difference but its definitely worth the upgrade IMO.

I also did some test video during the weekend and there is an improvement in video for sure but in my opinion there is still too much sharpening (edge enhancement?) going on and maybe a hint too much contrast.. I can clearly see this for example in area where brighter sky meets darker forrest in the horizont.
Didn't StevenQX release a firmware with lower sharpness values? If so, the link seems to have disappeared...

I also did some test video during the weekend and there is an improvement in video for sure but in my opinion there is still too much sharpening (edge enhancement?) going on and maybe a hint too much contrast.. I can clearly see this for example in area where brighter sky meets darker forrest in the horizont.
Didn't StevenQX release a firmware with lower sharpness values? If so, the link seems to have disappeared...
Have you tried to record with sharpness = soft?

Hi coffe
Side by Side Comparison (102mb):

https://copy.com/GESOqhoVpjNNQyRb

Now time for a quiz: Which side is the higher bitrate? :D
Hi coffee
I would have to say the one on the left hand side... it looks better to my eyes.
What about 1080p 60 fps?? Is it a no go?

Cheers

Hi coffe

Hi coffee
I would have to say the one on the left hand side... it looks better to my eyes.

Cheers

It's difficult because is a blind search. Linux is required to try to go deep in the firmware code to understand where the searched information are stored

Hi coffe

Hi coffee

Cheers

I see possibly the only feasible way would be to do an autoexec.ash file on the SD card but we don't yet know the corresponding value to alter to get 60fps. Nor do we know what chipset is actually used on the camera because it's not labeled on the circuit board.

Any other guesses to which side is the highest bitrate? I want to get some UNBIASED guesses.

I see possibly the only feasible way would be to do an autoexec.ash file on the SD card but we don't yet know the corresponding value to alter to get 60fps. Nor do we know what chipset is actually used on the camera because it's not labeled on the circuit board.

Any other guesses to which side is the highest bitrate? I want to get some UNBIASED guesses.

For me is the right side the one with modded firmware. Even if it is not easy to compare because the left has a far point of view compared to the right one.

Later today i'll try to enable 1080 60p through autoexec.ash. Finger crossed

Hopefully you can find the write value to writeb. I'd be worried about writing the wrong value to the wrong hex and bricking the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor