Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

StevenQX latest to date released firmware test video:
(video unmodified straight from camera to youtube. Settings: 1080p30, ND3 filter, ISO: Auto, WB: Auto, Metering: Average, Sharpening: Standard)
One of motors failed, but crashed successfully: on trees at first, then on moss, so no visible damage (camera protector saved camera for third time ;) ). Sadly, no more tests till replace motor: hope in the middle of next week.

Sorry for your crash nerius...why the motor failed? How many flights you have on it? It's a p2 V3? Maybe it's an esc failure...if you opened the body check when you mount it back that the motors are centered in the holes and don't touch a side of them...

Sorry for your crash nerius...why the motor failed? How many flights you have on it? It's a p2 V3? Maybe it's an esc failure...if you opened the body check when you mount it back that the motors are centered in the holes and don't touch a side of them...

Thank you StevenQX. My Phantom (yes it's P2V3) has maybe about ±100 flights, but it was repaired after crash recently, three motors+ESC were changed except this one (bird crashed into wheat field, motors was still running, a lot of heat generated, shell near motors melted, so dealer replaced shell and 3 motors with ESC). I told technical, who changed motors, that he need change all 4, but he told me that this one is OK, bird was already re-assembled, so I agreed. But, after maybe 10 flights after repairmen this motor also failed. I was right ;) Anyway I'm happy, that this was very successful crash and nothing more was damaged. I opened shell: everything inside looks OK, ESC v2.1, all connections fine, motors centered, etc. Only one problem is this failed motor.

Reactions: StevenQX
Thank you StevenQX. My Phantom (yes it's P2V3) has maybe about ±100 flights, but it was repaired after crash recently, three motors+ESC were changed except this one (bird crashed into wheat field, motors was still running, a lot of heat generated, shell near motors melted, so dealer replaced shell and 3 motors with ESC). I told technical, who changed motors, that he need change all 4, but he told me that this one is OK, bird was already re-assembled, so I agreed. But, after maybe 10 flights after repairmen this motor also failed. I was right ;) Anyway I'm happy, that this was very successful crash and nothing more was damaged. I opened shell: everything inside looks OK, ESC v2.1, all connections fine, motors centered, etc. Only one problem is this failed motor.

Ah ok now i understand, tell this technician to replace the motor for free or a big discount because just for luck you've not destroyed your bird. If he did what you told him this crash would not happens!

Anyway happy that is only a small damage :)

Reactions: Nerius
Guys...

The autoexec.ash scripting works on our Vision+ Camera :)

I just tried a simple script that prints a list of available commands in a text file, and this was the result :

"ThisWorks
supported built-in commands:
addr2func bp cardmgr cat
cd chmod config cp
cpu date deletedir dmesg
dramcfg drives dsputil echo
eeprom eval false ffuc
format hal help history
hotboot ioerr jobs kill
ls md5 mesg mkboot
mkdir morph mv flashdb
nice poweroff pref ps
pwd ramdisk readb readl
readw reboot reset resume
rm rmdir savebin sleep
suspend sysmon t test
time touch trap true
vol writeb writel writew
yyinfo usbclass ver vin
sm corefreq dramfreq idspfreq
dll cleandir volcfg firmfl
nvd nftl bbt romfs
"
Technically we may have acces to a lot of parameters, and even bitrates can be changed this way, instead of risking a brick with a firmware update.

I will try the noise reduction script, and report in a few times if it works :)

Reactions: ilovecoffee
Hrm. I see I guess you could attempt it that way to change the bitrate, but wouldn't by simply launching the app, it would connect and select the default recording rate? The only way I forsee that working is you don't connect the app and you press the hardware button to record. If you press record in the app, it should send a command to record in the bitrate/fps that is selected.

See here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-119391-1-1.html

They edited the autoexec.ash to
writeb 0xC0697626 0x11

Where those hex values correspond to a resolution setting.

Another setting is to change JPEG from 95 quality to 100
t cal -jqlt 100

Steve, what is the hex value for 1080p60fps?

Last edited:
Hrm. I see I guess you could attempt it that way to change the bitrate, but wouldn't by simply launching the app, it would connect and select the default recording rate? The only way I forsee that working is you don't connect the app and you press the hardware button to record. If you press record in the app, it should send a command to record in the bitrate/fps that is selected.

See here:

writeb 0xC0697626 0x11

t cal -jqlt 100

Oh finally working together something interesting is coming out. Well i know the hex value for bitrate not yet for resolution settings. I plan to do that going deep in dji sdk but I'll try now if that hex value tell me something

See here:

writeb 0xC0697626 0x11

t cal -jqlt 100

From what i've understood, the bitrate table could be overwritten on the fly at boot time. Indeed if one need to record in a format not available in the app, the script should also autolaunch a video recording, or like you said using the hardware button.

I just tried reducing the noise reduction value, and it seems to work. (tried indoor at night, more details but also a lot more noise) I will have to try tomorrow during the day to see if I get better results.

Guys...

The autoexec.ash scripting works on our Vision+ Camera :)

I just tried a simple script that prints a list of available commands in a text file, and this was the result :

"ThisWorks
supported built-in commands:
addr2func bp cardmgr cat
cd chmod config cp
cpu date deletedir dmesg
dramcfg drives dsputil echo
eeprom eval false ffuc
format hal help history
hotboot ioerr jobs kill
ls md5 mesg mkboot
mkdir morph mv flashdb
nice poweroff pref ps
pwd ramdisk readb readl
readw reboot reset resume
rm rmdir savebin sleep
suspend sysmon t test
time touch trap true
vol writeb writel writew
yyinfo usbclass ver vin
sm corefreq dramfreq idspfreq
dll cleandir volcfg firmfl
nvd nftl bbt romfs
"
Technically we may have acces to a lot of parameters, and even bitrates can be changed this way, instead of risking a brick with a firmware update.

I will try the noise reduction script, and report in a few times if it works :)
Can you link here where you downloaded yours autoexec.ash? Because the values from the one of @ilovecofee are out of file. Let me check yours

The autoexec.ash you linked do nothing

echo ThisWorks > d:\test.txt
help >> d:\test.txt

It just creates a test.txt file on the root of the sdcard with a list of available commands...I'm not yet trying to change bitrates here

changing the bitrate should be done with the "writew" command, but we need the corresponding table

It just creates a test.txt file on the root of the sdcard with a list of available commands...I'm not yet trying to change bitrates here

changing the bitrate should be done with the "writew" command, but we need the corresponding table

And so how you manage the noise reduction value if you don't know where the value is stored?

The most difficult part is discover where the value are stored...

And so how you manage the noise reduction value if you don't know where the value is stored?

The most difficult part is discover where the value are stored...

For noise reduction it's simple, to set the value to "500" just replace all the text by this :

t ia2 -adj tidx -1 500 -1

and keep a blank line after that

Note that I don't know the default value, and if deleting the autoexec.ash file will rollback to the default value or not. didn't try yet.

Other commands available are like :

Usage: t ia2 [OPTION] VALUE...
Supported options:
-3a: AAA function
-fpn: FPN function
-vnc: Vignette function
-exp: exposure module
-dzoom: digital zoom control
-warp: warp control
-eis: DIS/EIS control
-sof: SOF function
-ae: AE function
-awb: AWB function
-adj: ADJ function
-af: AF control
-lens: lens control
-ssh: slow shutter test
-readout: Sensor phase correction

New firmware update:

Increased bitrate for: 1080 30p (24mbit) - 1080 60i (24mbit) - 720 60p (24mbit) - 720 30p (20mbit) and other resolutions not yet available to be choosen

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/dxNIUpTZ/file.html
I don't mean to bring up older posts but I was wondering how stable this version was. I was thinking about flashing it to test it out.

I don't mean to bring up older posts but I was wondering how stable this version was. I was thinking about flashing it to test it out.

It's latest camera firmware from StevenQX, IMO the best firmware to date. You can watch my test video few posts earlier.

It's latest camera firmware from StevenQX, IMO the best firmware to date. You can watch my test video few posts earlier.
I saw your test video and it looks great. Does the camera get too hot or seem to be OK while in flight.

I saw your test video and it looks great. Does the camera get too hot or seem to be OK while in flight.

IMO camera is a little hotter, but I made in house testing 2x15 min. with phantom siting on table and filming (1080p30 and 720p60) and camera was filming OK, so during flight, with air flow, it should be even cooler and should work OK. Worked OK during my test flights.
Anyway, you can always revert to stock firmware if you don't like modified, or will have some issues with it.

IMO camera is a little hotter, but I made in house testing 2x15 min. with phantom siting on table and filming (1080p30 and 720p60) and camera was filming OK, so during flight, with air flow, it should be even cooler and should work OK. Worked OK during my test flights.
Anyway, you can always revert to stock firmware if you don't like modified, or will have some issues with it.
Imo youtube reduce a lot the quality and is impossible to appreciate the difference between stock and modded video using youtube...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures