View from space... well nearly...

I took the post as he saying it was impossible to right the bird if it was inverted, basically there is a free fall when it is upside down, and the video shows in manual mode you can recover

sorry if I misunderstood

Manual Mode.

It's really not much differnet than flying a 'traditional' fixed wing aircraft when not hovering.

No physical violations needed.

Go buy a cheap electric mid or low wing aircraft and you'll see how easy it is to loop, roll, etc.

Last edited:
By the way the shot I uploaded in the first post wasn't even a proper still from the camera!! it was a screengrab from the 1080P 30FPS video grabbed with VLC...
Still looks impressive!

Reactions: Options
Well, from all the fail videos I've seen of the P2s and possibly P3s (not sure which) going inverted, none recover unless another gust flipped it back. The issue as I see it is unless you can invert the blades or the motor direction there is no way these crafts can over power free fall speeds by spinning blades INTO the fall in an effort to right itself. I just don't think it's possible. Crafts that do must be inverting blades or spinning motors backwards to counter the free fall on one side to flip itself.

Wondering....seems the first thing to do is slow the blades to idle. Will they then become a drag on the descent, and would that drag act like a parachute and flip the craft? Could you help it to rotate by using the right stick to initiate a variance in prop speed from one side to the other. Just wondering.

Manual Mode.

It's really not much differnet than flying a 'traditional' fixed wing aircraft when not hovering.

No physical violations needed.

Go buy a cheap electric mid or low wing aircraft and you'll see how easy it is to loop, roll, etc.
Before the phantom 3 arrived, I tested it in the phoenix flight sim. You can flip it there. I see with no manual mode, it's impossible. I would say, even with manual mode, I wouldn't do it. Just too pricey for me. I'll stick to my helis for radical stuff.

You are such a noob.

Fly safe, where you get in no-one's way, and there you can fly as high as you want.

Beat this.

Could we hence put to rest the I'm watching from space question?

Attachments

• phantom 3 glacier view.jpg
    phantom 3 glacier view.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 329
I wouldn't fly it that high over a populated area. Is someone's death really worth a photo?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl