Video Problems

Reaction score
Hello! I have been having the same problem with my Phantom 3 Pro for awhile. A long time back I crashed it and had it fixed by DJI. I received but the camera didnt work at all. I sent it back in and the camera was replaced. When i got it back again, the videos and pictures all seemed over exposed and the videos are very fuzzy and have have dancing speckles all over in dark areas. I sent it in to have it fixed a third time. Upon receiving it today I am still having this same issue with the camera being very fuzzy and over-exposed. I know the ins- and outs of this drone and have owned it for a year. Is there something I am doing wrong? I am very disappointed.
~Andrew

Surely you checked the camera settings? My only guess would be it's in manual mode.

I see what u mean. It looks like a bad camera senor. Where are u located? I am in Florida and I have several. If u were near me we could swap it out to see. Or put your camera on my drone to be sure it is not a drone cable problem. I don't think it is. I personally have seen this a lot. It has always been the senor. Easy to replace.

I see what u mean. It looks like a bad camera senor. Where are u located? I am in Florida and I have several. If u were near me we could swap it out to see. Or put your camera on my drone to be sure it is not a drone cable problem. I don't think it is. I personally have seen this a lot. It has always been the senor. Easy to replace.
Is this part easy to replace without experience? I live in Ohio.

I agree that it looks like a bad sensor, but it could be internal processing post-sensor. Either way, I've seen it before in other technology, which I would call 'banding'. They may have tested it in shop but didn't fully test it with a bright sun.

It is rare to have to do this, but I have had to send tech back to a manufacturer more than once. One time, I had to send a camera to Nikon six times. They kept sending it back telling me to do things like use fresher batteries, once even sending along photocopies of pages from the owners manual.

I finally got the local rep to call the repair center in Torrance to finally convince them of the defect.

So I would send yours back again, with the still and video images (or send them ahead via any contact point that a phone rep gives you) and tell them it simply is not yet fixed.

Chris

PS: you WILL get blown-out highlights (all white) with a bright sun in the shot with the camera set on auto and the exposure compensation dial set to 0 (your exposure compensation dial is set to 0, yes?), but it should not have that banding pattern on it.

Send it back to them if in warrenty. I would have to sell u a senor and charge labor plus shipping. I could trade a good camera for yours. That would save time and money. $130 with shipping included. The senor is $100.

That's not an over exposure warning? Is that setting turned off?

The over-exposure warning indicator doesn't look much like that; but more importantly, it should only show in the Go app on the FPV device, not in the actual resulting video or photo.

Reactions: Droneted
The over-exposure warning indicator doesn't look much like that; but more importantly, it should only show in the Go app on the FPV device, not in the actual resulting video or photo.

Ah yes you are right. Knee jerk reaction to my photo days

The camera is definitely under warranty. I had this problem the day i got it back from them (2 days ago). Im probably going to send it back soon. I am simply worried they will not fix it again. I never received a bill or any parts list from them. I dont think they changed anything. How can i make sure they actually fix it?

You may want to send them the video for reference first. Possibly it's a software tweak? Seems strange to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl