Video Issues after DJI Go 2.8.2 update

Hi guys, I'll be getting in my P4 this Tuesday. Will it force me to update to this monster firmware before I cam fly? When I go into the DJI asst app to set height limits and such will it update itself automatically? Thanks in advance.

that certain server doesn't have to match the video's one name. It is just the one that shows when you do the step indicated in the video. Try again.

Phantom 4 has worked like clockwork. I now too join the ranks of receiving message "Weak transmission signal". Hardly possible to shoot any video footage anymore. What's happened? HW fault or Dji Go app bug?

Follow the steps. All of them. Its very simple if you get each step.

Close all your other windows, browsers when doing it though, because Charles wil register every action your computer performs, and the App store server can get lost in all the lines.

Take you time, and follow the steps. PLay the vid on another device and pause it to perform each step.

This is what I'm saying. I could not follow the instructions. They say to look for a server in the list "...buy.apple..." There was no server in the list with the word "buy" in it.

Hi gang - newbie with first post here, just piping up to say that I too have had video problems due to 2.8.2 upgrade on my first Phantom 4 a couple of days ago, and I too managed to restore to 2.8.0 using the instructions involving Charles.

I actually use this very HTTP proxy for work on a regular basis, but have never had cause to inspect my App Store traffic. This proved a very educational and rewarding use case. No more video problems, happy Phantom pilot once more.

that certain server doesn't have to match the video's one name. It is just the one that shows when you do the step indicated in the video. Try again.

Thanks everybody. This Charles thing isn't going to work for me. There are just too many things that I don't know how to do without them being spelled out in the instructions and they are not.

RussOnTheRoad... give it a try !! Grab a coffee, sit patiently and follow the video (pause as many times as you new, or review...). Seriously, English isn't my mother tongue and I did it in less than 5 minutes ;)

Follow the steps. All of them. Its very simple if you get each step.

Close all your other windows, browsers when doing it though, because Charles wil register every action your computer performs, and the App store server can get lost in all the lines.

Take you time, and follow the steps. PLay the vid on another device and pause it to perform each step.

You don't get it. I can follow instructions as well as the next guy but when they are wrong or incomplete it's sometimes not worth the aggravation trying to figure out the missing or incorrect bits.

First the instructions said to look for a server in the list that wasn't there. Next they told me to stop the iTunes download but not how to do that. I don't have patience for this.

This may be the straw that broke the camel's back. Between the video dropouts, manual gimbal adjustments that don't work, the bird dropping 10' when stopped, camera yaw that bounces back in the opposite direction when the yaw control is released, over sensitive, unfeathered controls (yes, I've adjusted the sensitivity where possible), a DJI user forum I cannot access, unhelpful tech support at DJI, high res video that produces more throughput than the bird's pipes can handle (i.e. over compressed video), not to mention problems others have reported such as spontaneous ascents that I've not (yet) experienced, I'm 90% decided to return my P4 for a refund.

IMHO, this bird has too many problems and since I may have the luxury of returning it for a refund that's what I'm probably going to do. Maybe after some time passes and they smooth things out I'll revisit the P4.

You don't get it. I can follow instructions as well as the next guy but when they are wrong or incomplete it's sometimes not worth the aggravation trying to figure out the missing or incorrect bits.

First the instructions said to look for a server in the list that wasn't there. Next they told me to stop the iTunes download but not how to do that. I don't have patience for this.

This may be the straw that broke the camel's back. Between the video dropouts, manual gimbal adjustments that don't work, the bird dropping 10' when stopped, camera yaw that bounces back in the opposite direction when the yaw control is released, over sensitive, unfeathered controls (yes, I've adjusted the sensitivity where possible), a DJI user forum I cannot access, unhelpful tech support at DJI, high res video that produces more throughput than the bird's pipes can handle (i.e. over compressed video), not to mention problems others have reported such as spontaneous ascents that I've not (yet) experienced, I'm 90% decided to return my P4 for a refund.

IMHO, this bird has too many problems and since I may have the luxury of returning it for a refund that's what I'm probably going to do. Maybe after some time passes and they smooth things out I'll revisit the P4.
So sad.:(
image.gif

Just a little patience and some help from PP could have made such a difference for you.

Firmware updates are not necessarily upgrades. Reading and understanding the manual and following the instruction of fellow users may also be useful. Just saying!

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: J Dot and Fplvert
FWIW, re-installing the latest version 2.8.2 seemed to fix the issue. I was trying to film a special event (flying for the first time since I first let the app auto update to the current version) yesterday, and kept losing video, getting corrupted feeds and dropped frames, etc. Just tried deleting the app and downloading the same version again, and now the video feed works fine. Flew two flights this afternoon with no video lag, dropped frames or "poor signal" messages, even though I flew much further away today than I did yesterday.

So, to save yourselves a little extra work, try simply re-installing the current version first. As others have said, DJI may have fixed the issue and just not announced it since the time the new version was first released. (Or perhaps it's just a matter of updating over a previous version that was glitchy while a fresh install worked fine from the beginning).

***EDIT***
My above analysis was flawed. I was testing my "re-installed" app with my old first generation P3P. But when I tried it with the newer P3P (the second generation with the quiet motors), and the P4, I had the same issues. Anyway, looks like 2.8.3 has fixed the issue. Apparently there seems to be a difference with video signal processing between the two generations of P3P, and the P4.

Last edited:
So sad.:(
Just a little patience and some help from PP could have made such a difference for you.

Firmware updates are not necessarily upgrades. Reading and understanding the manual and following the instruction of fellow users may also be useful. Just saying!

Previously I did a firmware downgrade and upgrade. That was a piece of cake. This business about downgrading DJI Go… That was another matter.

What would have made things a lot easier would have been for somebody to put a copy of 2.8.1 in a public Dropbox account. I asked if somebody would email me a copy but nobody stepped up.

Even if I was successful at downgrading there are a host of other issues that may have resulted in me returning my P4. It's not a done deal yet. I have four open tickets with DJI support and will open a fifth about the software tonight. I'll give DJI a little time before my window to return my P4 closes.

Previously I did a firmware downgrade and upgrade. That was a piece of cake. This business about downgrading DJI Go… That was another matter.

What would have made things a lot easier would have been for somebody to put a copy of 2.8.1 in a public Dropbox account. I asked if somebody would email me a copy but nobody stepped up.

Even if I was successful at downgrading there are a host of other issues that may have resulted in me returning my P4. It's not a done deal yet. I have four open tickets with DJI support and will open a fifth about the software tonight. I'll give DJI a little time before my window to return my P4 closes.

You can't share the IPA file anymore unless it comes from your iTunes, you will be presented with a apple store logon box with the user account that has shared it, as it is now digitally assigned to them.

So sharing the IPA file won't give you anything unless you know the user's password who sent it to you. If you know the user's apple store logon then yes you can transfer it to your device but I don't know anyone who will give you their password.

I think the best course of action for you is to return the Phantom 4, and then wait 6 to 12 months until they have ironed all the bugs out.

Last edited:
Flying my P4 with iPad Air, a green flicker then the image froze when it was ~400feet away, luckily it was in sight so I could fly back, video restored about 50feet away, landed, rebooted everything including iPad cold start and removing battery from bird, drove to a different park and the video didnt freeze but did break up quite a bit - never had that before the DJI Go update a couple of days a go...

They are not incorrect. Many other have figured it out, including myself on multiple devices.

You are clearly missing a step to get what you need.

To STOP a download, you hit the PAUSE button in the drop down on the right where you can see the wheel turning for the download... You can then highlight it and hit DEL...

It will be something along the lines of Https://p(then a number. It will be DIFFERENT to what is in the video)-buy-itunes.apple and so on.

Thie will ONLY show once you have started the download again of the DJI Go app. You need to make sure to go to the actual apps page to hit D/Load. Not just click download from the search results (it will work this way, but lets keep it simple)

Once you have started the D/L pause it.

The buy link will be one of the last lines in the panel on the left... It is named exactly how he describes in the video (Maybe its different if you are in some other country???) but if you start the D/L and then Pause it, it will be the line line of operation in the left panel... Maybe it doesnt say buy for your region? But it will be something similar...

Take a screen shot right after you have hit the Download button, so we can see the last line in the left hand panel.

It works, and has worked for hundreds of others... Sometimes initiative has to kick in...

I can understand some might have trouble. I know my Dad or my Wife would struggle with this at first, but I also know they would work through it.

I have the same issue.I commit a feedback in the DJI GO,DJI's staff reply: will fix this problem as soon as possible.

Flying my P4 with iPad Air, a green flicker then the image froze when it was ~400feet away, luckily it was in sight so I could fly back, video restored about 50feet away, landed, rebooted everything including iPad cold start and removing battery from bird, drove to a different park and the video didnt freeze but did break up quite a bit - never had that before the DJI Go update a couple of days a go...

Yeh, 2.8.2 is horrible. Even "revision 2" after deleting it and re-installing it wasnt much better...

I highly recommend rolling it back to 2.8.1. It honestly not as hard as the other guy is making out...

(ps, Im a Wellingtonian (living in the US at the mo though. Where are you at in NZ?)

Just upgraded to the latest release for the P4. Also, the DJI Go app 2.8.2 is reinstalled.
Weak image issue NOT resolved!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The problems with 2.8.2 may be confined to the upper level Phantoms. I have a P3S and since upgrading my iPhone to 2.8.2 I've had excellent video feeds out to 1600 feet, where the RC link breaks.

Reactions: Nickster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl