Video Issues after DJI Go 2.8.2 update

Just chiming in to confirm issue on my end as well after update. Thought I had auto update disabled... dangit. My phantom can be beside the controller but still blank out. As with others, no control loss or anything. This update has just majorly hampered the ability Lightbrigde had. Hope it's a fast fix. I did the uninstall/re-install initially to get 2.7k back and that worked, but still no dice on the rock solid video signal I use to have.

I initially attributed it to my location (tons of routers), but remembered all the time I've spent tinkering with the phantom settings indoors with no dropouts. Took a quick flight today and used my map screen more than FPV due to this issue. Hard to frame shots with this mess going on. Good to hear Litchi is still solid. Will give me a reason to learn the software.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

so i never sync to the computer.. i am unable to use the charles crap. any other possible way? had some big plans to fly this week but I'm getting weak signal 100 ft away.. unacceptable. the app should be pulled from app store.

so i never sync to the computer.. i am unable to use the charles crap. any other possible way? had some big plans to fly this week but I'm getting weak signal 100 ft away.. unacceptable. the app should be pulled from app store.

Other than reverting back to a previous backup of your iPad there is no other way.

I am really disappointed with this whole mess. i tried the uninstall and reinstall today and still no improvement to the video signal. I called DJI support and spoke with someone there. They honestly still kind of act like the problem doesn't exist. He told that since it was happening on more than one device than it was probably my lightning cable. Nope that's not it same problem after trying three different lightning cables. He did mention another update was in the works but had no idea of when it is to be released. It seems like they have been trained to never apologize and never admit any fault and that to me is very disheartening. I can understand that happens and nothing will ever be perfect but the inability to admit when they up is just plain arrogant and wrong. I love my Phantom 3 Pro and don't want to jump ship but I can understand why so many others are. Please DJI admit to your screw up and hurry up and fix this issue. Until this problem gets fixed I like so many others are stuck on the ground.
I know your upset but how bout toning the foul language down a bit :)

Reactions: Nickster
Really dude? Sorry if that offended you thought we were all grown ups around here.
We ask all members to refrain from cursing on this family friendly forum. Thanks.

We ask all members to refrain from cursing on this family friendly forum. Thanks.
Hey man I wasn't try to offend anyone or break any rules here. Just trying to air a frustration with this issue. Really not that big of a deal.

I went ahead and deleted my post from your family friendly forum. Also will no longer be using your little forum
I am sorry to hear this is a deal breaker for you. Should you have a change of heart, everyone who follows the rules are welcome here, including you.

It seems that the Weak Image Transmission Signal issue has been solved with the DJI Go app 2.8.3. - checked with iPhone 6s Plus.

Me english is bad but may u point out where did you see foul language please. You may PM me if do not want put anymore crap posts here.
I quoted it sky and was there till the Administer stepped in and edited it out . Now it was foul and I don't care to PM you and repeat what was said .
Now as far as putting anymore crap post here it's in the guidelines not to use vulgar language here . You just must have missed it .
And your English is fine :)

Hello,

I fly a Phantom 3 Standard.

After the 2.8.2 update and latest firmware update, I started losing the video signal and the radio signal quality was listed as poor from the general status screen (click the DJI logo after entering camera view). I could still fly, but the maximum altitude seemed to be right around 300ft. I updated to GO 2.8.3 today and was then able to ascend to 400 ft consistently with minimal drop outs, much better. I had relinked the controller, but I suspect a bug in the app possibly made more apparent by the latest firmware.

I flew with 2.8.2 yesterday and 2.8.3 today. Perfect video and signal to 1600 feet in suburban setting at park. I think that bug did get fixed since I had the same issue.

Tested 2.8.3 today. No video dropouts thus far compared to at least 1 every minute on 2.8.2 (iPhone 6). I will leave my iPad on 2.8.1 until more extensive testing is done. So far so good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie