Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional video freezing in 4k

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by santo.gerry, Jun 8, 2015.

1. santo.gerry

Hi all! I have my p3p for a couple of days and all working smoothly.I am using a cheap android device (turbo x) and till no the only ploblem I am facing on that device is no map loading in the pilot app.
    Anyways I was not using 4k video till yesterday an all my videos were perfect. Yesterday I tested in 4k and when I displayed the video after on my PC the video was freezing. Any idea what's wrong? My PC system or software (vlc player) does not support or a problem of the camera?
    Thanks in advance

2. Dome

4K video requires a 40 to 60mb/s transfer rate and good video render graphic card. If you face this problems you may not have the required video/transfer pc power.
    The device attached to RC is not important for microsd recording, it's completely separated feature.

Russ likes this.
  3. J.James

Ya playing 4k video on a pc needs a really good and some what newer video card and also a lot of ram and processor speed don't hurt either. as well as a good video player. My pc will not even try to play any 4k vids at all and it just is a screen with lines on it and it cant even see a single frame. and even 2.4k it is like watching a slide show one frame at a time. and even then it seems like my computer wants to puke or just give up and die.
    Tho i can upload them to utube and watch then as a steamed video. OR i can pop the sd card in my cheapo android tablet and it plays them fine tho my screen resolution don't show the detail that 4k video can have.

But I brought a new pc thats supped to be in today and a new gaming video card and also a monitor that can show full 4k at up to 60 frames a second as well as getting an extra 5tb hard drive so I can have some place to store a few videos with out filling up all my drive space.

Bill7259 likes this.
  4. Buckaye

are you playing them from the card or did you transfer to the computer. You might be experiencing latency from the card to the computer...

5. santo.gerry

both . from pc and card...
    i think is my pc. thank you all for your help. greedings from santorini island

6. J.James

Well I can report that the new pc plays them with out a hickup or glitch whats so ever. Tho I jumped the gun a bit by also getting a better video card. Being i didnt even put the new card in and am getting great results with the integrated video card. Tho I might need the new card for the new 4 K monitor I'm getting if I want to take full advantage of the full resolution and the monitors full specs.