Video and FPV for Phantom 2

Has anybody had a no signal on the monitor after installation?

I've installed gimbal, AVL58 and IOSD mini as explained on this thread. When I power up, the IOSD mini's communicating LED flashes green, the AVL58Tx powers up with fan running and channel 1 blinking LED. I've powered up the AVL58 Rx, channel 1 blinking LED but no picture on my TV where I'm testing.

Anybody had similar, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, love this forum.

RESOLVED. THANKS

Cor Brink said:
What do you guys use for video editing as these files are somewhat large for posting on the web?

Sony Vegas 12 Pro for me.....

I use my racing lipo charger. Something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-Accuc ... 0988884429

They are great as they charge just about anything. They auto sense what battery you connect to them, and you can adjust how fast you want to charge.
If you change the plug you can even use it to charge the p2 battery.

Sorry, I forgot to mention you need a charger, I do apologize
I have always had lipo chargers for rc racing, so forgot that others might not have one.

Sent a PM for a holder if your still making them.

What did you use to paint the monitor? It looks really good

Cor Brink,
Same problem...how did you resolve?
Warren

"Has anybody had a no signal on the monitor after installation?

I've installed gimbal, AVL58 and IOSD mini as explained on this thread. When I power up, the IOSD mini's communicating LED flashes green, the AVL58Tx powers up with fan running and channel 1 blinking LED. I've powered up the AVL58 Rx, channel 1 blinking LED but no picture on my TV where I'm testing.

Anybody had similar, am I doing something wrong?"

wpruitt said:
Cor Brink,
Warren

Because you remove the screening from the bundled wire as it comes, you need to separate the power wires from the signal wires. Don't tie the whole bunch together 'for neatness' but rather tie power wires together and signal wires together. Hope this helps.

Cor Brink said:
wpruitt said:
Cor Brink,
Warren

Because you remove the screening from the bundled wire as it comes, you need to separate the power wires from the signal wires. Don't tie the whole bunch together 'for neatness' but rather tie power wires together and signal wires together. Hope this helps.

Cor Brink,
Thanks. Tried your suggestion...no joy. I am guessing the problem is either a broken solder joint or defective hardware.

Ravecreative,
Here is a pic of my setup. Looks like yours...thank you for the direction.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a19i8bnxwzyycp/photo1.jpg

TXhillcountryphantom said:
Ravecreative--I used your JPGs and diagrams a couple of days ago and wanted to thank you for taking the time to do all that. It made my fear of the soldering iron more minimized as I knew I was actually soldering the correct wires together!

I meant to only say thanks, but it created a couple questions:

I've only gotten a couple flights in with my P2 (+ gimbal, AVL58 w/cloverleaf, and mini iOSD with 2.4G data link ready to install used with Flysight Black Pearl 5.8GHz 7" HD monitor with one clover leaf from DJI receive, and one whip style antenna that came with the monitor). I have about 50 flights with my P2V. Overall I get better long distance (4000 feet+) video with the P2 FPV but have issues even when relatively close with copter at certain angles. Especially coming towards me with the clover leaf pointed away from me (I installed mine like your pointed to the back).

1. Do any of you think I would get better/more-consistent reception with the cloverleaf pointed down? How is your reception when the nose is pointed toward you Ravecreative?

2. Would anyone suggest a different antenna config for me? That is the DJI cloverleaf on my AVL58 transmitter and one DJI receive antenna and one stock whip antenna on my Flysight Blackpearl 5.8ghz HD monitor/receiver?
I want to use the same setup as you (AVL58 and Black Pearl) but I'm having difficulty figuring out which antennas to order. Are the SMA connectors on both the TX and RX device the same (I.E. pin in the antenna or pin in the connector) or are they different? I also want to be able to bend the TX antenna down so the radiating pattern is optimal. Do you have any info on this? Thanks!

OK, I was concerned enough about the bend in the aerial on the TX, that i bought these 90degree adapters
I wanted to get the aerial as visible as poss on the P2 and the manual says dont bend them more than 30 degrees - so this way they remain straight.

As you might have seen, the weather in the UK has been shocking lately, so i've only had these out once - but they seem pretty good

They were about £6 for a pair - so not bad value

Attachments

• photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 646
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 684
@wpruitt

the wiring looks fine
you have set the channels to the same on both the tx and rx?

and... i know this sounds obvious, but have you checked the zenmuse cable - its easy to pull it out slightly when you are sticking everything else down

just a thought

Ravecreative said:
@wpruitt

the wiring looks fine
you have set the channels to the same on both the tx and rx?

and... i know this sounds obvious, but have you checked the zenmuse cable - its easy to pull it out slightly when you are sticking everything else down

just a thought

Checked all the pins and cables and have tried all the channels available. I saw somewhere that there was a problem with the antenna connector on the av58 breaking loose so I am going to open and take a look. It appears to be a hardware issue.

Thanks for the help,
warren

Ravecreative said:
OK, I was concerned enough about the bend in the aerial on the TX, that i bought these 90degree adapters
I wanted to get the aerial as visible as poss on the P2 and the manual says dont bend them more than 30 degrees - so this way they remain straight.

As you might have seen, the weather in the UK has been shocking lately, so i've only had these out once - but they seem pretty good

They were about £6 for a pair - so not bad value
Well, I finally got my replacement P2 and gimbal. First test flights seem OK, but the heading tracking is a bit off (calibration needed I guess). I want to use the AVL58 TX and the Flysight 801 Black Pearl 7" monitor/RX but I'm having difficulty figuring out which antennas to order. Are the SMA connectors on both the AVL58 and monitor device the same (I.E. pin in the antenna or pin in the connector) or are they different? I also want to be able to bend the TX antenna down, or use the 90 like you did, so the radiating pattern is optimal. Do you have any info on this? Thanks!

.......sure hope the weather improves for you!

http://bit.ly/1lkw3rq

These are the right angles I got

Also, knowing that aerials are supposed to be a tuned length , I was worried into buying the dji cloverleaf ones
They are a bit short, so maybe that's why the instructions say only bend them 30degrees.

My rage cams 5.4mm flat lens should be here tomorrow too
V excited :)

Ravecreative said:
http://bit.ly/1lkw3rq

These are the right angles I got

Also, knowing that aerials are supposed to be a tuned length , I was worried into buying the dji cloverleaf ones
They are a bit short, so maybe that's why the instructions say only bend them 30degrees.

My rage cams 5.4mm flat lens should be here tomorrow too
V excited :)
So, it looks like the AVL58 is female. Is the Flysight Black Pearl female also (or do you not have that monitor)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka